Would you date someone who is straight edge?

They don't do drugs, drink alcohol or have casual sex.

• Yes, I would
  • No, I wouldn't
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• I would. At my age, I'm past the lifestyle of drugs, drinking, and casual sex; it doesn't interest me at all anymore.

I already don't do drugs or have casual sex. I rarely drink, so if he is straight edge, I'd have no problem adapting to his lifestyle.

• Thank you for MHO.

What Guys Said 17

• edge life is so high school

• Definitely that is the kind of person that I'm looking for. Although If like to add waiting till marriage to the list.

• Probably not... They'd likely be too authoritarian in nature. As a blind guess I'd say they believe in blind faith in rule of law and are possibly heavily religious. That stance make them think they have the moral authority to judge anyone and everyone without question. Basically they are no shades of grey and they think their shit doesn't stink... They also would seem to lack curiosity, a sense of adventure, the ability to think abstractly (outside the box), thus likely have a low IQ. Over all it would probably be a painful experience...

• Why exactly would a heavily abstract thinker feel the need to use drugs and alcohol? Those who think abstractly don't have the same walls built up in their mind like those who don't think abstractly. Many people who consume drugs and alcohol do it to relax, be more social, be more creative etc. They are unable to get past certain boundaries within their own mind so they use certain substances as assistance. If you are able to acheive what you want on your own then what use is the substance? If the mental part of the substance has no use the them why endure the shitty physical part of it?

• There's not a need to continuously use drugs throughout life, but creative people tend to have a curiosity for exploration, experimentation, experience, and observation... Everyone within a specific culture hears some variant of the same central dogma, and some follow along and say whelp that's the way it is those are the rules and I like order... Others question the rules and say what if I step outside those boundaries and try it a different way... It's the entire left brain right vs. brain mentality... I never used drugs to enhance my creativity, but a yearning to break the rule is necessary to create/innovate. You have to want to break the rules to say to hell with the box this just might work... So early in life people that tend to break the rules typically experiment with a few drugs here and there. They're never what you'd call hard line... Because those hard straight lines are what build the box and keep it together... Creative people are intuitive and malleable...

• The can think outside the box, because they can do whatever they please with those lines... :D

• If she has a fiery sex drive and isn't prude yeah most likely

• Pretty sure most of my crushes have been your description of "straight edge".

• I would prefer to date someone like that.

• Yeah if she isn't going to force her lifestyle on me. I don't do any listed but just drink occasionally

• Yes, nothing wrong with their lifestyle.

• Hell to the no.

• Sure. I'd probably prefer a girl like that, actually.

• probably not. sounds boring.

• As someone who is like this, yeah.

• Yes definitely!!! I would like this

• For me it's a given I like being around all that stuff

• Nah, if I wanted to date a straight edge I'd just date a ruler

• Not even if they paid me.

• It would be hypocritical if I didn't.

What Girls Said 15