Why are Western men marrying foreign women?

I've noticed more and more men in the US, Canada, Australia marrying Asian and Latin women. My Uncle recently married a Thai woman. While I think she's beautiful and a nice person. We have very different cultures. Sometimes I get annoyed with the things she does at family gatherings.
Not only my uncle, my dad's friend married a Japanese woman.
Why is that? Is that a trend?
Aren't Western women good enough for you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Firstly, Western men have more of an opportunity than ever before because of the Internet. Secondly, Western men and Western women aren't getting along so well any more.

What Guys Said 20

• No, western women make terrible wives.
    They're entitled, mean, and don't want to do wife things.

Why would anyone want a wife like that?

• @Barrabus_the_Free

I did the same research. And asked every married man I knew.
      As you said. Overwhelming consensus.

• @Bobba_Fett
      Thank you for clarifying that. In that case, I doubt it's about the woman's place of origin but more about her personality, what are my friends and family like, her views, whom does she hang out most of the time, what are her views on relationships and marriages overall, etc.

The right person can be anywhere, even in your location.

• Because Western men don't have time for the insane sky-high standards these western women have that they can't even get right for.

Rocking body
    6 figures, yet somehow has all the time in the world
    6 Feet
    Huge bulge
    Big house
    Sexy car
    Somehow both a nice guy and assholish at the same time
    World Traveler
    How many women live up to these standards?

And what do a good 70%-90% of these women have to get such a man? A wet pussy, and ONLY a wet pussy... which those foreign women also have.

Disney Engineering and all these romance movies got women thinking that Mr. 6-feet 6 figure model is on call waiting for them when they turn the corner, that they can be as unappealing as possible and still land that man. They think they DESERVE that man.

Feminism got these women thinking that, since men think about nothing but sex 24/7/365, They can abandon the ship of jobs, decent hygiene, and housekeeping, and that their pussy ALONE will land them Mr. Perfect. It has them thinking they can go on a 1,000 dick journey and a man will be ready with $50,000 wedding ring when they finally tire of it. It has them thinking when it time for kids, a man is on call waiting with his pants down and his balls full.

• I have a nice western woman by the way.

This is just the thing I tend to hear quite a bit online. These men are shamed as taking the "easy route," (Which a woman has nicely proven) and comments like mine tend to get brushed off as "sexually frustrated virgin." and it's starting to show in the real world.

It's not that men can't compete. It's that the women aren't worth competing FOR

• THIS! A million times this!

• In short:
    Thanks to feminism, Western women from companions to men turned into competitors; that kills femininity.
    Additionally, since feminism has quite fascist depths (when you actually start digging into it), it develops feeling of entitled in them, hypocrisy and creates quite unfair legal and social advantages -- i. e. a man risks way more marrying a woman that a woman risks marrying a man.
    So in general, women affected by feminist "culture" slowly turn into something that looks like a entitled, bitching, maximalistic young boy that wants everyone to consider him "da man", rather than a woman at all.

Who wants a wife like this?

While women of background that you've mentioned are more true to traditional values, where women tend to stick to a position "I will support you, so you can carry us both", i. e. they are more of a companion, than a competitor.

Due to male built-in protectors' instinct, such women will always attract men more than those women who are "yeah, I'm equal to you, but hey, I need a law that will give me 50% of your wealth in case of divorce, even though I'd doing fuckall and you had those millions even before you met me! Also, give me a job of CEO! Also fuck you, it's my body, and it's beautiful, you fat fuck! And if you disagree, you're a sexist that raped me with his eyes alone from a distance and I need a compensation, and you to be castrated, patriarchy, yabba yabba yabba!".

• Well they are beautiful. Also they are supposedly more pleasant to be around and less slutty on average.

• Foreign woman have a more conventional values about home and family, and about the importance they play in the family structur and the impact they have in the family unit, both immediate and extended. They know that they are the "glue" holding the family together and pilot the family, unlike many western women.

• Feminism.

• The difference being that today's modern Western woman expects more from a relationship and marriage. That's neither good nor bad. But a Western guy finds obedience in an Asian woman and in a Latin woman. Obedience is a lousy thing to have because the person the woman doesn't think as much of herself as a Western girl. I gave you a generalized answer but you gave me a generalized question

• Doc, It's not about obedience. It's about maintaining the traditional family, and everyone understanding their role. Women rule the roost. We go to work, eat diner, and fall asleep watching TV. She does everything else. do you dominate your wife?

• Hey Doc, I hear you loud and clear. I've been wrestling with the fact that my mom is getting older and that if we had an extended family she would be among family, with no worries about maintenance of her properties, vehicles, etc., A few generations ago that was normal, and I think better. And yeah, I busted my balls to keep advancing in my career and earn a good living (IT Director) and all it's trappings. I lost my wife to Leiomyosarcoma a couple years back and am assuming all that she did in terms of raising my son and making sure he does well in school and participates in sports and sees his friends, and all of the extra curricular activities as well as cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, handling family finances, etc., etc,. . . An extended family would serve me well. I'm used to strong women who are by no means obedient, but more like field marshals. Lol!

• Doc, Sorry for the sarcastic remark in my first reply. Please accept my apology.

• Some just order a bride over the internet.

• because most western women are unfit for marriage.

• No, they are not. I am repulsed by women of my own culture. I will never date one, let alone marry one. American women are so self-centered, yet not self-aware of the fact that they act like asses sometimes. Just kidding. No, I just like exotic women, because they are like women here, just exotic.

• Diversity, variety, a fresh perspective

• What does she do at family gatherings? I'm curious :P

• first things that popped in my head too xD

• She probably arranged it, did the cooking, the guest list, activities, etc., Uhh. . . evertthing?

• Here in California, where i reside, many Asian women, specially Chinese ones go with the "white" men.

• Do you think men should seek's others opinion before they marry their choice of women?/
    Grow up !!

• Interracial marriages are a thing now... It's globalization. And that's probably a good thing

• Cause eastern are marrying western 😂

• Everyone is beautiful in their own way; beauty is very subjective

• Thanks Ray Stevens,
      "Everything is beautiful in it's own way
      Like a starry summer night
      Or a snow covered winter's day
      And everybody's beautiful in their own way
      Under God's Heaven
      The world's gonna find a way"

Can you get any cornier?

• @Aqualung You're the one quoting shit yeah?

• Not me, dude.
      Got any other sappy lyrics?

I like this one from Bruce:
      "Show a little faith, there's magic in the night
      You ain't a beauty but, hey, you're alright
      Oh, and that's alright with me..."

• Lol at bitter women in comments

• It is because Western women are becoming bunch of feminazis who hate real men.

• It's the other way around actually. We don't seem to be good enough for western women.

What Girls Said 8

• How did yr uncle meet his wife? And what does she DO at family gatherings? Spill, girl!

In any case -- I see the reverse just as often, so, whatevs. A bunch of my American girlfriends are married to immigrants.
    Their wives are American women -- white, Latina, black, Asian, mixed, you name it.

I swear, that last group especially... if white guys in Newport Beach / Orange County, CA are marrying foreign women, it's probably because so many Iranian, Egyptian and other Middle Eastern immigrant guys have been swooping in and marrying all the white chicks #notreallykidding hahahahah

In short, this is hardly cause for worry.

The guys who get "mail-order brides" are hilarious, because they ALWAYS get robbed blind, and they don't even see it coming.

• Because they can and they want to? I married a foreign man and I'm Canadian. There's nothing wrong with Western guys aside from the fact that most of them think they have to be douchey asshole bad boys to get girls. The ones who aren't are already snatched up by other women.

• Everyone has different preferences. It's not that western women aren't good enough, it's just that they prefer Asian women because they're beautiful. Not saying that westerners aren't beautiful lol, just that we differ in appearance and most people find Asian women exotic and different. Try to not focus so much on ethnicity, rather focus on the person.

• Maybe because they still do "women" things

• Cuz we foreign women r hawt stuff

• Same is the case if you switch men and women in the sentence

• I don't want to sound mean. Ur uncle didn't keep up with the western standards and went to get himself a Thai bride which anyone can get. It's like a shopping center for brides. Every man who has trouble finding a woman in his own country goes there to shop for a woman. I am sorry if this sounds rude. This is what people generally think of these unions. Of course Thai and other Asian women have certain qualities that western women are lacking, but generally speaking its those men who can't compete in the western world.

• wrong his uncle just inst dumb enough to marry a western women.

• More like he got tired of the BS dealing with US women.

• i think eastern men are marrying foreign too

I don't know... its like a lot of people these days hate the men/women oftheir country and want foreigners lol
    i know i do ! xD

but i dont see what the big deal is really... i mean sometimes women who live in a country where men are too "rugged" want softer men... they can find that in foreign men
    sometimes women dont want men of their own country because most of them are wife beaters or something... marry someone foreign

and besides, when you marry someone foreign you kinda dont really have like a pre set idea of what the "rules" are... so you are more open minded about exploring and getting to know your partner... its better this way in my opinion !