Is it normal not to feel attracted to your significant other anymore?

I was head over heels for my boyfriend in the beginning but now i don't feel that spark anymore. We've been together for 7 months but i just don't feel it anymore. I don't want to blame it on him but I don't know. I feel like all the times i wanted to hang out with him he didn't want to because he wanted to hang out with his friends, when i wanted sex he didn't want to or just did it half-assed. When i tell him how happy I am with him he says "You're sweet." He says he is attracted to me and is happy were together but he doesn't show it. When i ask him does he still want me, he just says "I'm still here right?" I want him to show it, i told him that. He says he does by being with me. I'm not asking him to shower me with gifts and sex, just something to even as a nickname. I call him "baby, babe, sexy ass and sugar baby." I don't know. I just don't feel the same way i did when i first met him.
Is that normal?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm having the same problem, except my boyfriend showers me with love and affection constantly, always wants sex. And yet I don't feel that spark anymore. It's been 3 years, but I love him to death and I'm not dumping him anytime soon. I would say ask him to show you more affection and say it's really important to you and it'd make you daily and stuff, and if you don't see any change or effort on his part, break up with him cause he doesn't seem to care how you feel. After you've been with someone so long, it changes. It's not As exciting and you don't get butterflies when they talk to you. This is normal, you can't be in that honeymoon phase forever. However, if he changes his ways and you still aren't happy or content, I'd end things. Good luck!

What Guys Said 2

• It looks like this loss of attraction is mutual. You two need to have a talk about it, but in all likelihood this relationship won't work.

• Yes its very normal and it's also why I laugh when people talk about having a relationship... most have been with multiple people and can no longer bond... You want something new, something shiny and are bored.

It's all very predictable in the end... you will eventually break up... meet another guy... be really into him at first and then...''hmm something is missing''... or ''I just dont feel the same'' .. rinse and repeat...

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah. I'd say... can happen. .