Would you date someone twice your age?

Im 19 and he's like 36, we have known each other for awhile and he's really sweet. Would you date someone if there was a huge age difference?

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone twice my age is dead.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on if you both get on well, like each other etc

I was almost about to get into a relationship with a 31 year old, he's 10 years older than me, and although I was really attracted to him and he to me, we were too different in terms of our lives, like he was looking to find the one and have kids in the near future, and I'm still way too young for that. There's things I want to do like further education (currently doing my bachelors but I also want to do my masters), travel on my own and stuff - when as he has already done that.

I like to joke around lol and he didn't understand my humour because of the age differences; he's a little too serious. One thing that definitely did it was that he didn't know what fuckboy meant and I had to explain it to him 😁 it was really awkward because I don't think he still gets it lol.

Were were just on two different pages of a different book.

I'll probably want someone like him when older but not now - and you need to probably think of all those things too.

What Guys Said 18

• There is no way in hell i would date someone twice my age. Neither would i date someone half my age.

I'd rather stick to 18-22 for now.

• Would I date an 18-year-old? Hell no. That's weirdness and fairly creepy in my opinion.

• nope, not my thing
    but you should do what you think is right and not care about what other people think

• I won't even date a girl that's only 5 years younger than me. 32? No. Just no.

Twice my age would be in their 70s, so HELL MUTHAFUKKIN NO!

• My grandmas became a grandma at 32. He is technically old enough to be her grandpa.

• Anything more than 10 years is like gross in my opinion. Having said that, they are both adults and as long as they are both legal, it's okay I suppose... I mean... it's not really my business

• That's weird OP.

• No, I would not date a 72-year-old woman.

• My sister did that but I'm not about that life

• Over 52? Unless she's Christie Brinkley, I don't think so and even that would be a one time hookup.

• I would not. I'm not really into older than me women, now.

• Chances are that I wouldn't..

• Nope but I may date a woman 7-10 years older than me.

• I would only date a woman that was at least 15 years older than me (I'm 25) so yes

• No i wouldn't lol 😂😂😂 40 or something 😵

• no cause that mean they were like 60 and that be way too old for me personally

• daddy issues

• No..

What Girls Said 30

• I've dated older people since the start of my dating life, all have been at LEAST 5 years older, one of my greatest relationships was a 8-9 year difference, i had no issue with it, see no issue with age differences at all as long as the age of consent is met and the two people are consenting as well as set in the same path of life or else it can make things really difficult considering one might be still in school/college and focusing on that without a life plan, where as the older person has already settled from their party life and has now got a stable job, looking for a house to buy, wanting a family, marriage, etc. That can really vary. - Straying from the question, haha, i would be okay to date someone considerably older than me, however, not twice my age as i'm in college and not wanting children or marriage, nor do i want to stay in the same country after college, so the older person wouldn't last with me, haha.

• No I wouldn't.

Partly because he would be almost 50, but mostly because our lives would be in completely different places. I mean, I'm with someone 4 years older than me and our lives mesh well but there are things that I feel way behind on on my partner. He has to take the lead on quite a few things.

• Not at 19 I wouldn't. Part of getting older is knowing when you're getting into a bad or unsafe situation. There's no shame in saying no.

• Nope.

• No, likely not.

• Well I'm 25, so the guy would be 50 and that's just too much for me! I wouldn't date him but I would befriend him and make time to meet him if I find conversation with him stimulating. There was this professor in my college who was around his 50s but had a very young spirit and a lot of culture.. I used to have a lot of lunches with him just for the converations. We still talk occasionnaly.

• My friend who was 17 at the time was dating a 33 year old, who then for a few months was 34 before she turned 18, so there's a 16 year difference between them. However it works for them and they've been together for a year and a bit now.

• I wouldn't date a 50 year old, but that's just me. If you like each other, go for it.

• I would consider someone my age first... But maybe. If the connection was there I would never rule it out.

• I've always dated older men but when the age difference is that big its a horrible idea. You are so inexperienced in comparison to him that even if he didn't mean to her would probably end up bring manipulative. Of course in also inclined to think that he knows this an probably isn't as sweet and innocent as you think.

• I wouldn't date someone twice my age as that dude would be almost 90! But I would date a guy who's older than me, yes.

• no. too much of an age difference. i don't wanna be with someone who's gonna die in like 20 years.

• Erm no, that's disgusting and I'd be very wary of having children with someone like that.

• Hell no I love younger guys

• HECK. NAH.
    There is no reason a grown ass man should want to be with a 17 year old girl and if he does I'd say that's a pretty huge indicator that he has issues. I have no interest in dating someone who's not in the same stage of life as me.

• Most unlikely

• I mean I personally wouldn't because it's gross to think about how when I was a baby he was already a adult...

• no lol

• Hmm... Nah.

• No no i wouldn't.. just nah.

• Yeah It would all depend

• It doesn't matter if you are happy w/ him. True love is love. But, if you aren't happy with him, then you decide. I would date someone 2x my age if I really love them.

• Not twice my age no

• No that's really not something I would do. That's not for me.

• no. that's really not my thing. i prefer to stay in my age group.

• Unless I'm one and he's 2

• Yes :)

• Not likely but... I am open.
    It's not exactly a choice.

• I wouldn't date someone twice my age, but I would date someone a bit older.

• no i really don't think so
    maybe if he is really hot and the relationship is just fun for both of us