Have you ever forgiven someone for cheating? If so why and how did it work out?

• Yes I've given someone a second chance
  • No, we broke up for good
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• My world is divided into two groups.

1. People who I trust 100% absolutely without any doubt.
    2. Everyone else.

As soon as someone cheats, they move into the second category and nothing they ever do will convince me to trust them 100% absolutely. After all, the only way to trust a cheater would be to totally forget that they had cheated on you, and why would you forget something like that?

Most Helpful Girl

• I was stupid and let one of my boyfriends back after he cheated on me. He acted truly sorry and although he is normally the "I'm a man I must not show emotion" type he started crying and told me he loved me for the first time but he's depressed and stressed out and can't keep doing an intense relationship. The relationship had been a dream before the cheating incident and so I wanted to work it out in a way that worked for him, too.
    Then, for two months, he became distant, emotionally abusive, really aggressive sounding when we talked, and screwed up a couple events I was really excited about by ignoring my messages and not showing up (even though he agreed to come).
    I think he continously cheated on me, but I'll never know for sure. We finally broke up basically because I told him that I wanted to work with him but I felt unappreciated. He then told me how he lied about loving me just to make me stay, he can do better than me, and he probably won't have time for me for really long time. Obviously I start crying and he scolded "there's no reason to be crying right now!"
    Sort of immature, yes, but when we got off the phone and I was sobbing I sent a text "I hope you don't find happiness because you don't deserve it." He then replied "well I hope you do because you deserve someone better." And that's the last thing he ever said to me.

I've made up my mind now that if someone cheats on me, that is an automatic end to the relationship. I'll consider dating them again a long time later after they get their shit together... but in the meantime I want to save myself from the emotional abuse and continued cheating.

What Guys Said 14

• I've given my ex another chance twice. How did it work out? She's my ex.

• Its something that should never be forgiven. Ultimate betrayal and deserves no forgiveness

• I did not break up with her, I just kep her as a fuck buddy.
    We are now in an open relation, and we are happy :)

• I have forgiven and broke up on separate occasions, it depends, really upon the girl and if you can trust her/him.

• I never had a girlfriend in my entire life, but I'd let her cheat once in a while.

BUT! She has to let me know when she's doing it. Unlike the stereotypical jealous boyfriend, I'd be letting her cheat as long as she tells me.

• a friend of mine has done that. it didn´t take long till they broke up after all.

• Sex cheating? Never forgive (can never get the image out my head) Happned once.

Caught my girl texting with another guy: About 6 months later and still trying to get back to when before it happened. Slowly getting there.

• I coukd never forgive anyone for cheating. Once the trust is gone so is the relationship.

• Nope. Because I never had a relationship.

• Never been cheated

• I used to give second chances but they always fuck up worse then want to come back. It's best just to break up.

• yea,, and it ruined my life

• U must be one dumb fawk to say that :I

• I forgave my ex and she cheated again. I guess you live and learn

What Girls Said 19

• I have, they just ended up cheating again and again. I don't believe the term "once a cheater always a cheater" because I have cheated on past boyfriends but would never even think to cheat on my current boyfriend. I do, however, believe once they cheat on You and you forgive them, they will do it again and again until you no longer give them another chance.

• Yes... and it was just a bump in the road. We got past it. I'm not perfect, and I don't expect him to be, either.

• Didn't forgive him. Never will.

• I've given second chances but it never works out. I either don't love them anymore or they cheat again. No second chances for anyone.

• This guy i was in an ldr cheated on me with his ex so she sent me screenshots, (she didn't know he was still dating me), so she told me when she found out, i sent him the photos and immediately dumped him.

• Nuh uh. It's not happening. You don't get a second chance. Obviously I wasn't your first priority. You don't get to be mine.

• Never been cheated on:)

• I've been cheated and yet I didn't forgive him, so no.

• I've been cheated on, but never gave him a second chance. And couldn't forgive him either.

• I would never forgive a cheater. If he cheats on me, it will be tattooed on my mind that he is a cheater and he's gonna cheat at the person he's with. For me, once a cheater is always a cheater.

• I cheat too who gives a shit. It works out fine

• I did once. The creep turned around & cheated on me again so never again.

• Nope never.

• Considering I have self-respect, I would never forgive.

• No, and I wouldn't.

• God may forgive him, but not me, i never got cheated on but iff he tried.. ill torture him slowly

• No a cheater is a cheater. Cheating is a choice not an accident.

• cheaters are cheaters.

• No. I could never be with someone that cheated on me. When my ex cheated, I left him immediately, not looking back. He tried to contact me, but I blocked him.