What does he mean when he said this? What is he trying to say?

So i just finished hanging out with my boyfriend and everything was so well but after i came back, he texted me asking if i ever regret not doing things. Then he stopped replying for a while and i asked if he was ok and he sent me this.

"The past 6 years my life was a massive shit storm and I haven't felt this happy in a very long time... Every morning I wake up thinking about u and every night I go to sleep thinking about you. Every time I see you, I can't help it but to smile because you bring nothing but joy to my life. Messaging u was one of the hardest things I had to do and it might sound pathetic but that's just how severe my anxiety is. When I saw you in the audience I had the exact same feeling I had when I first messaged you and the exact same feeling came back when I asked you out. I don't know what it is and I'm certain it's not "love" but it's a feeling I've never had towards anyone... This sounds corny but I had to get it off my chest."

Most Helpful Guy

• Aha he's talking about the gut wrenching terror he feels towards acting on his feelings for you. It's a morbid desire because he is anxious, but he wants you. So instead of succumbing to fear he embraces it.. he saw you, he messaged you, he asked you out.. in each case he could have chosen to turn away from the fear, to leave all incentive to be with you at the door and make no contact with you. But he did the opposite! He chose to feel fear. To proceed with discomfort through uncertainty. It's a good thing...

He literally just means he has bad anxiety. And what he is trying to say is he is persevering through his anxiety to be with you.

You could just tell him something like you are glad he was strong enough to ask you out and you like him and you are glad he is your boyfriend..

• Ah also when he said it's not love, but it's a feeling he hasn't had before.. don't read into it. There isn't a simple way to explain it.. you are special to him, he likes you, he is beating his anxiety to be with you. That is all.

What Guys Said 3

• Basically, he wants to know if you dig him as much as he digs you. Sounds like he's had it rough in life with whatever that may be and you make him happy. People like him like to be verbally/physically comforted. Tell him often how you feel about him, and don't be afraid to kiss him whenever (lips, head, hand, et cetera) You don't constantly have to do this, but 3 maybe 4 days a week, once or twice a day.

• he is opening up his emotions to you which is a good thing. since he says he has anxiety it maybe took a lot for him to say this. i would try and not disregard his feelings because you could be silencing him forever about his feelings.

• What about when he said he is certain this is not love, does he want to break up?

• i dont think that from what i can read. he said that when he saw you in the audience, and he also said that he felt like that when he asked you out. i dont think he wants to break up but i think that he maybe feels anxiety about you.

• Who knows men rarely ever know what they say

What Girls Said 1

• It's crystal clear. He is infatuated with you. What's so difficult to comprehend?