What do I do (interracial, racism)?

A black guy asked me out on a date, but I don't date black guys. Of course I was respectful about it and said that I'm currently too busy for a date, but then he started to threaten me by saying that he'd tell everyone I'm a racist and all that! :'( I don't know what to do. I'm white.

Most Helpful Guy

• So you didn't even mention race to him and he pulls the race card because he got rejected? LOL... What a moron. Everyone will have some form of racial preference, I know I do, and there's nothing racist about that at all.

Unfortunately there's not much you can do if he's going to go around talking crap, those that know you well should ignore it and those that don't know you, don't matter.. If they want to believe whatever someone tells them that's their problem. A guy once got rejected by my girlfriend and he went around calling her a slut, it was pretty funny if I'm honest.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am not saying this particular guy - cause he doesn't sound attractive.
    But how can you say 'I don't date black guys' as if they are all the same?

I bet 100% if you got to know a good man of any race, you'd see the beauty in them. At the moment you are racist, although this guy had no legitimate reason to believe this unless he is psychic lol, because you are looking at whole group of people superficially.
    I am not saying you are not allowed to have a preference, but I doubt you have ever really gotten to know and love people outside your race.

I used to think like you, but ever since I traveled and got to know various cultures - I see handsome men all over the world.

What Guys Said 13

• Turn it round on him and tell everyone you don't wanna date pathetic people fulla hate who play the race card when they don't get what they want.

• If it is your personal preference, not being attracted to black or any other kind of people, it is your right to have it. It is not racism unless you consider the black people as less than whites, etc.

If he is threatening you he is a jerk, and for dealing with jerks you may have some options - ignore him, and if he actually spreads the 'bad rumors' about you, denounce him of sexually harassing you (yes, this is it) to your local authority, being it the Principal or the cops.

Best of luck!

• As a black guy I will honestly say this... don't let this guy guilt or blackmail you into a date. Call his bluff and continue to reject him.

If he starts telling people you're a racist and people find out that you rejected him when he asked you out, he will come off looking like a little bitch! :-D

• "Your reaction shows me that it was the right decision to say no. I'd never date someone with immature behaviour like that, someone who threatens me and goes spread lies around, no matter what his skin colour is. I'm not not obligated to date every guy asking me out. I'm not interested in you, deal with it."

I personally would have said something like that

• Tell him straight up that you do not date outside of your race.
    If you were my daughter, I would beat his arse for responding in the way that he did.

• Counter with, if you don't respect my boundaries here, how can I trust you to respect my boundaries out on a date you rapist piece of... that should shut him up

• That's my biggest issue with most black people. Most of them think that if they fail at something; or if they get in trouble, it's because they're black. I hate that ideology.

• I'd tell him that I don't date bullies and walk away. Besides, it sounds like he's the one bring up the race card.

My recomendation would be to think about why you don't date black guys, self reflect.

But I don't care what race either of you is, no means no period.

• Let him say what he will. He'll look jilted and pathetic when you tell others you just didn't find him attractive

• what? thats emotional black mail. people are allowed to have their preferences and if he cannot deal with them then thats his problem not yours.

• Tell him you don't date martyrs.

• Tell him to fuck off.

• Just dont mind him.

What Girls Said 8

• He's a racist butt hole. Don't let him victimize you. Guys like him have deeply rooted internalized hatred going on. They have this enormous victim complex that he loves to blame white people for and views white girls as the ultimate prize. '

Give him the time of day and you won't even be seen as a human being. He'll look at you as a sexual conquest and societal achievement. You'll be a trophy to him not a woman worthy of love and respect.

Black guys like him are a toxin to society.

• Tell him you don't date jerks and that if he spreads those rumors, you'll tell everyone he threatened you. He'll stop. (And if he doesn't, that's what male relatives are for.) You're free to have whatever preferences you want, but make sure you don't turn down a really good guy in the future. Best of luck!

• I hate to break it to you, but if you're not interested in someone because of the colour of their skin instead of the quality of their character, you're racist, whether you consciously acknowledge it or not.

• He's made it clear that he's of poor quality though.

• That couldn't be further from the truth. EVERYONE has particular features that they find attractive, EVERY race has particular distinct features... Therefore it's perfectly normal to be attracted to the features of one race and not another.

So you could have friends and get on very well with people of every race, but because you don't want to have sex with all of them makes you racist? Lol..

• ehm... no. Not being physically attracted to a certain type of looks doesn't make you a racist.

"Racism is a product of the complex interaction in a given society of a race-based worldview with prejudice, stereotyping, and discrimination. Racism can be present in social actions, practices, or political systems (e. g., apartheid) that support the expression of prejudice or aversion in discriminatory practices. The ideology underlying racist practices often includes the idea that humans can be subdivided into distinct groups that are different in their social behavior and innate capacities and that can be ranked as inferior or superior"

• Give him the finger and keep moving. Are you racist? No? Then let him rant and hate.

• If you rule out an entire race from your dating pool, the sole reason being their race, then you're racist, darling. Sorry.

• Ignore?

• Tell him that you cannot help the fact that you aren't attracted to him as a person and him jumping to conclusions like that is ignorant. Also tell them that threatening a girl after being rejected by her is not the way to a woman's heart and just makes him look like a overgrown child.

• Let him say what he wants. You aren't obligated to date him. Even if I do find it strange when people say they don't date entire groups of people.