Is it possible to have a 'type'?

Sometimes there's some really good looking guys and I'm just not attracted to them. And I seem to be attracted to a particular type (physically) - like they don't look directly the same (like skin tone etc) but they all have similar features. I don't know I just see it.

I thought having a type was a childish thing and it doesn't really exist.

What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Most people do have a "type," to one extent or another. This is partially dictated by genetics (and what would be a good match) and partially by society (what someone is taught). For some, it's really specific. For others, it's a range.

I'll use myself as an example. I am most attracted to pale men, but I am often attracted to men between Celtic pale and dark Middle Eastern. I'm most attracted to brown eyes, but I'm also attracted to green and hazel. I love (naturally) red and black hair, but I can be attracted to a range of browns.

Everyone is different. We all have a type, to some extent. It's natural.

What Guys Said 11

• Yeah, everyone has their own type or preferred taste. Now some are more open then others and have a long list of people they find attractive including opposites like skinny or chubby. others like me are more narrow and like specific types like skinny/petite only. You don't have to fully know what your type is but u should have a good guess on what type of guys u like. Do u like them to be muscular, sporty guys, smart, nerdy etc.

• Of course, I think most people have certain features or characteristics that they are attracted to. Not childish, just human nature!

• i think its possible

• Having a type is a very legit thing, most people have it in one way or another. What's your type?

• i dont see a fixed pattern across all the guys i have liked haha.
      But atm I feel attracted to guys with curly hair, roundish face shape and big eyes.
      Wbu?

• We need to get together lol😂😂😂

• 😂😂😂

• Yes very possible

• you mean a preference?

we all do.

• Yes.

• i have this too.

• Yes it is childish.

• I think so but whatever you see first is what counts

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 8

• You can definitely, like if you like a certain hair colour etc. It's okay to have a type it's just what you're attracted to.

• No I definitely have a type. I love surfer guys and any guy who looks like them😍

www.socialbliss.com/.../ccqidfskn.jpeg

• It definitely is! Even if just subconsciously, I think everyone has a certain 'type' they lean toward. Whether it be certain personality traits, facial features, body types, etc, everybody has certain aspects that they're more attracted to than others.

I myself can see multiple similarities between almost every guy I've been attracted to/crushed on.

• Yes It is, cause I have.

• Yeah everyone has a type.

• I think people have a personality type more than a physical type.

• Uh yea.

• Yeah for sure, my type is like that too. Certain similar features but different in other ways like skin tone.