Guys, How much does a girls look matter to you?

BE HONEST

• She has to be so sexy she looks like she came out of a magazine.
    14% (4)
  • She has to have all the "ideal" physique and traits
    24% (7)
  • She can be chubby but beautiful
    14% (4)
  • She can be whatever as long as we get along and she is a little attractive
    45% (13)
  • I don't give a crap how she looks
    3% (1)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

12

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no option for "I have to be attracted to her. The hotter, the better." I give a very important crap how she looks. But, attractiveness--you should understand--is a much more important quality to men than it is women. Women often get confused on this, as men get confused about women's desires.

Women have a pretty large checklist of desirable traits that they measure in a man. He can have some bad qualities, but as long as he has some good good qualities, he's possibly decent. "He's not very attractive, *but* he's so good with children; he can make friends easily; he has a great job; he's really funny." So, they *become* attracted to him. There is no *but* with men. If she is not attractive to him, there is no reason to date her.

Men do not have this trait. We do not most of us become more or less attracted to women based on their personality. We might grow to like and connect with them more, but they do not shift attractiveness.

In essence, men are much, much, much more physical than women. Women are much more abstract and mental. Particularly with sex. That doesn't make us superficial. It just makes us different. Ultimately it boils down to sperm and egg. Women have a different set of priorities because sex is much riskier to them than it is men.

Looking around at society, you should be able to clearly see how big of a deal attractiveness is to men, and how little of a deal it is to women. Sorry, but that's the state of things. Men get fucked (not in the good way) from women's instincts, as well. That's just life.

I'm assuming here that you meant "How much do looks matter to you, in women you *want to date*."

What Guys Said 11

• I think Option D is the most realistic, again this is only hypothetically speaking since I've never and yet to ever actually date anyone.

• I mean, there's no denying that looks are pretty important.

With that said, attraction can come in many forms first lots of dudes.

• I have to find her attractive.

• Looks and personality are important. I have really high standards for looks too

• Its gotten to the point where i really dont care that much looks any more. I just want a girl with a good personality that i like.
    I still like a phat ass though. Something to grab on..
    Maybe someday ill get over that as well

• I couldn't really date somebody who I don't find attractive, so the base minimum is the average Jane (7) but I probably wouldn't bother with anybody below 8 by now.

• If I'm not attracted to you I won't date you. same as if I dislike who you are.

• I will not date or be seen with a bowser. That maybe shallow. So be it.

• Probably a lot...

• Probably the same as women think

• i mean, i have to be attracted to her but, it's not all about looks