Would you Date someone older or younger? And why?

1|0
28|48

Most Helpful Guy

• older yes - more mature, knows what wants, already settled in regards to kids (at my age). often times, more attractive in various ways including physical. Better chance to have compatibilities, things in common, things to talk about sometimes...

younger yes - more energy, more youthful beauty.

1|0
    0|0
    • Well which one is better older or younger?

• It is a maturity and emotional health issue to me. A person can be 55 and not emotionally healthy, 30 and have it all together. That is what I go for... then compatability.
      So I cannot answer which is better because at a certain age, it is just a number. what does matter is if you "get" each other, you are mutually supportive, communicate well, etc... compatible in thought, environment conditions, financially, etc..

Most Helpful Girl

• Older! Duh they're more mature and wise

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 47

• Dated or marry? Of course I'm a little young to be thinking about marriage. But in terms of dating, I've dated both older and younger, and for different reasons, it's nice to date either. That being said I have no preference.

1|0
    0|0
    • Not dated nor marry but date lol the questions was would u date an older women or younger? Choose between the 2 lol

• I'm not going to choose because it simply doesn't matter.

• Older or younger. If we connect on important things, what does age matter?

1|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter for me

1|0
    0|0
  • My policy has always been around 2-3 years younger or 2-3 years older though there are exceptions to that rule.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've dated younger or the same age as me. Nowadays I am more open to dating an older woman than I used to be. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I always felt best with a 10% age difference up or down.

1|0
    0|0
  • Preferably someone younger. But I'd date both ways, depending on the girl.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I was looking for a date , I'm not. Then it wouldn't bother me if they were younger or older if there was chemistry between use and we clicked

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer my age or younger but no younger than 18.

1|0
    0|0
  • I always have dated younger, and I mean always like even as a kid

1|0
    0|0
  • Either older OR younger. Age isn't a big thing to me. As long as we find each other attractive and compatible, then I couldn't care less if they were younger or older.

1|0
    0|0
    • But What if she's 20 years older then u? would u still be ok with it? Lol trust me age matters even if we say it doesn't but the truth is it dose matter

• My first girlfriend was 2 years older than me
    My first crush was 8years older than me
    So it's like idc
    If she's young or older
    Awesomeness is what matters to me 😍

1|0
    0|0
  • Up untill my early 30's I mostly dated older than me. Especially in my 20's. Now I tend to stick closer to my age. Abd younger.

1|0
    0|0
  • I only date younger women. Older women are past their prime, have kids, which I won't accept and shitty attitudes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Both. Younger because they look better. Older because they are wiser.

Younger or older, I want both!

1|0
    0|0
  • When I bother with it, I ONLY date younger. Preferably in their late teens/early 20's, though last year when trying to forget about a 22 year old, I did dumpster dive and date a 30 year old with kids.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd date someone younger (18 minimum), but I'd rather not date someone older than me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Younger for sure. I think 3-6 years difference with the girl being younger is perfect.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've dated women who were of the same age, and who were younger than me. I'd like to date older woman. They are more mature and more experienced so it will be a good experience for me too

1|0
    0|0
  • Younger

1|0
    0|0
    • I heard older ones r better lol

• Show All
    • I think age shouldn't matter as long as the two people love each other but in my family u can't fall in love with someone younger or they will laugh after u lol

• Ahhh I see. I agree with you on that. I've dated older just hasn't worked out. I'm pretty happy now tho 😊😊
      There is a saying. Love knows no age or race.

• I am dating someone older. Why? Less bullshit, that's why. lol

1|0
    0|0
    • So true many people have told me dating someone older is better in many ways then dating someone younger lol

• Well to someone older, you'd be someone younger. There's a reason dudes in the 20s date women in their 30's and it's lack of bullshit, this isn't pointing the finger at you but girls around this age are a pain in the ass and bring nothing to a relationship. There's also a reason guys in their 30's/40's date girls in their 20's, since so many of them are full of shit there's only one reason those guys date them if you know what I mean, so be cautious if you go out there looking for an older guy. lol

• preferably younger. if older than not by mouch

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd even date a zygote ;)

1|0
    0|0
    • Wow lol but no really which one older or younger?

• Show All
    • Ur really sweet ur future wife will be really lucky to have someone like u by her side

• Yeah but no women would ever have the chance to see that and women don't really give you enough time for them to see how your personality is.

• I'm open to either.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how much older or younger, but yes I would.

1|0
    0|0
    • U would date both older and younger?

• Show All
    • Yeah not at the same time I was just asking if age matters or not lol anyways how much younger would u date?

• I tend to follow the half your age plus 7 rule. So probably 22-23. Technically 21 but most girls I've connected with have been older.

• Definitely younger, even a lot younger. Probably not older.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I found her attractive and I got along with her

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes and Yes and why not? I do categorize people based on age.

1|0
    0|0
    • I must have been drunk.. I mean "I do not categorize people based on age."

• both of them, why not? but not too young or too old obviously.

1|0
    0|0
  • Most of the girls i date are my age or younger. But i have dated 1 or 2 that were a little older

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

3 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 27

• I could easily go either way; I gauge it on personality and how attracted I am to them. However when it comes to dating younger I'll only date typically 1-2 years younger than me.

1|0
    0|0
  • id rather older or same age. I'm sick of dating younger guys tbh. by younger, i mean 6 months. i want a MAN.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, my boyfriend is 6 years older than me and it's working out pretty well. Lol I don't really care about age, as long as both people are legal adults, I don't think it matters much.

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer someone close to me in age. It's the range I feel comfortable with.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've dated older and younger before. To me it doesn't bother me since the range of our ages seemed fine to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • i say older

1|0
    0|0
  • I would like to date older guys like 2-3 year age difference is fine by me. I like older guys because they are a bit more mature, and know what they want in a relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • My ex is was 14 years older and we still get on really well.
    I tend to date older guys, maybe when I'm older I'll consider dating a younger guy but I can't go much younger at 19 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • I say it depends really I've dated someone who was like a few months younger then me and someone who was older, but I guess it depends on the person.

1|0
    0|0
  • Older. Have been for years 👍🏻 I think guys get better looking with age and I have more in common with older people in general than people my own age.

1|0
    0|0
  • Preferably I would want to date someone my age or a little bit older, no less then two years younger.

1|0
    0|0
  • I dated older, and younger in the past. If i were to date younger now, it maybe as a fling. I don't know I look at personality, so age won't be a turn off for me once it he isn't past 10 years my senior or 3 years my junioer.

1|0
    0|0
  • Slightly older is my preference because majority of guys who are younger than me haven't really grown up yet and I also don't wanna feel like the old hag in the relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • Older. Not younger. Or someone close to my age.

1|0
    0|0
  • Older, if I were to date because I don't feel comfortable with him being younger than me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes Maturity is everything if you know how to listen and express a certain level of knowledge im all for it! + some (if not all) guys really DO look better with age!

1|0
    0|0
  • I will definitely date a older person... becoz I like mature guys over those creepy n immature ones

1|0
    0|0
  • Older <3

1|0
    0|0
  • older... just weird to date someone younger than me. plus i like older men

1|0
    0|0
  • Older because something about the idea of dating someone younger than me just puts me off.

1|0
    0|0
  • Younger I always prefer younger I've dated older to but honestly depends what people want nothing wrong dating older or younger.

1|0
    0|0
  • Older - men are generally more immature. Sorry but it's true...

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course!! the age is not the reason for wich I will loose the oportunity of be loved.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like older guys lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Older. I feel more secure.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes and why not

1|0
    0|0
  • I tend to get along better with older but im not adverse to dating younger...

1|0
    0|0