Why do most men like petite women over tall big women (be very honest)?

I noticed that big tall guys like or have tiny girlfriends/wives. Even average size girls got men chasing them. Fine but it makes us taller bigger women feel bad. They don't like us. I've been cheated on and dumped for tiny petite/average women. My friends are 4'11-5'3 and their boyfriends are over 6'0". I'm 6'1, large framed and wide. Men seemed intimidated. Why do you guys like petite women so much. I want an honest blunt answer!

Most Helpful Guy

• I like both!! It depends on the person! I am a bit concerned, maybe, a little nervous, with the smaller, more 'frail' ones, afraid I might hurt her, loving (I'm a little bigger guy, like over 6 feet and 250+)
    I don't have to worry with the taller, more "Viking" kind, like volleyball ladies!! They are sometimes a lot of fun, because you can wrestle, and use that as foreplay, like the winner gets to choose who is on top :)

Most Helpful Girl

• My best friend is tall and big, 6'2" in fact. She's engaged. You just need to have confidence in yourself and be appealing as a person and you'll eventually find somebody.

• 6'2 wow ! :)

• i guess the short men are the ones who felt less manly next to them hence floated this thory that the tall women are less feminine. But the tall women rule the modeling , acting and millitary world :)
      Its hella sexy and self esteem booster.

• Nice! I dont like it when people people describe tall girls as big.

What Guys Said 30

• Why do women like big tall (muscley) men over small, petite men? Guys really don't care, I can tell you that. Guys will date anything with a vagina and interest in them. And reasonable attractiveness. I do not think that is the guys at hand; it's the girl overcompensating because she is so small, so, she picks a large man. Sort of an instinctual protection mechanism to offset how small she is. She's the one who picks the guy. A guy is just a submachine gun spraying all over the place; a woman is a sniper, carefully picking her targets. She chooses to stay with him; it's not him making the decision, really.

Not in my opinion. He would be with any other of the 2-3,000,000,000 women out there. It gets more convoluted the more desirable the male is. The more options he has, the more indulgence he can take in his preferences. But generally: dudes really don't care about any qualities except attractiveness and availability/interest. If she is attractive--to him--and also displays any hint of interest, she is desirable. Adding in belief structures and social influence makes it even more convoluted, but that is the basic state of men.

As for women actually taller than men, I think there is a reason men aren't as attracted to tall women. Typically, women just like men who are taller than them; typically, men just like women who are shorter than them. The same as women wanting older men naturally; and men wanting younger woman, naturally. Since it's this nature thing, I think it must have some instinctual role. Though, I'm not sure what it would be. I would think that big and tall women would be more similar to men than women, in that regard. So men would see them as more masculine, which is a less desirable trait? Could be one possibility.

• I like petite girls. My buddy only likes Amazonian girls (tall & thick). The point is: different guys like different things.

Now, it's true that some men are intimidated by taller women. Nothing you can do about that, but there are plenty of big, tall guys who really enjoy a tall woman they can dance with easily and can take a picture with without the camera having to be 50 feet back in order to get both heads into the picture (ever seen a pic with a really tall and a really short person?).

Being heavy is more of a problem, though. I'm a fat guy myself, so I'm not judging, but I also know that being overweight makes you less attractive to a lot of people who would otherwise be interested in you - and that IS something you have a measure of control over.

• That's why I'm trying toclose weight so guys can pick me up

• Honestly, I wouldn't think too much about the girl's height if I was to date her (she has to look beautiful/attractive and have great personality, open minded, funny, energized, smart etc.) but one things for sure... most guys unlike me would NEVER want the woman to be taller than himself. The the guy "looks small" feels bad cause his chick is taller, it's harder to kiss cause now he has to look up, etc. (he feels like a little boy not a man) 😁
    Also, guys like smaller girls that they can carry easier/lift💪

• Wow... thats very harsh. No wonder guys never liked or bother to give me piggyback rides.

• 😆😆 yeah... but there are guys out there (like me) that date tall girls, now it's just a matter of time before u find him. Best of luck

• This Warner Brothers cartoon might explain it: :D A petite little lady that I can hug and squeeze...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JlVqfC8-UI

• For some guys, smaller women make the man feel more dominant, and these same men may feel more submissive and uncomfortable with a taller woman.

• ugh... fake "dominance"

luckily, at my height (I'm even taller than the asker) this has never been a problem I've had to face.
      ACTUAL dominance doesn't bat an eye at height/stature/etc. Like with dogs -- the alpha-dog in a pack/household is whoever it is, regardless of the size of the other dogs.

• Why do most women like tall muscular men over short petite men?

• It all goes back to instinct: “Tall muscular man make good warrior and hunter for me and child. Make good genes to carry on species.” It’s as simple as that.
      I’m a little abnormal though, since muscles don’t attract me whatsoever. In fact, when guys go around showing them off I get disgusted.

• Incoming honest, blunt answer... Because you're the size of a dude and guys don't wanna date dudes.

• Well... that was very harsh and affective. :'(
      Is that why guys avoid me?

• Probably

• I guess i'll never get married. :(
      My sister is 5'6 and her boyfriend is 6'7. He doesn't like tall big girls

• Most women are short so the guys take what they can get. Same with me. But I like tall lean great body parts on a girl

• Because they're attractive.

I have nothing against tall women. The ex before the last was almost 6 feet tall (she's about a quarter inch shorter than me). But she wasn't 'big' or 'wide'. She was built how a woman should be. No man hands, no "I'm just big boned", none of that shit.

Women need to stop thinking men are intimidated by them. We're not. Sure, weak little beta faggits are scared of attractive women, but no one is intimidated by fat chicks, unless it's the thought that they could crush us if they fell off something.

More likely they just don't find you attractive. "Big" women tend to be either fat or masculine looking. Small women are more feminine. Women that look like women are what men want.

• Wow... that was harsh. I have a friend that's 5'9 and she's medium built and slender licky

• I don't see how it's hurtful.

Just don't be like 99.9% of women and insist on a guy that's 6' 2" or more. I know guys that are solid, standup brothers, men I would want at my side in a firefight (the highest compliment I can give anyone) but they're "only" 5' 6" to 5' 9".

• My friend is 5'8/5'8 and her dates were taller than her but she had a short boyfriend. When I asked a tall guy to dance or be my date, he rejected me and asked a petite girl. It sucks being 6'1 and big

• Probably because bigger/taller is seen as a masculine trait.

• 1. They are so easy to carry/pick up/dominant/arrest/fuck up in rough sex
    2. They are allllllllllllllll over me in bed omg every position is up for grabs like wall sex mmm

• If I'm being honest it's because I find girls smaller/shorter than me to be more feminine and it's what I'm attracted to.

• Tall is fine. But you have to be lean and skinny. Most guy don't want their gf/wife to be bigger than them, same with girls, most girls don't want a guy that shorter than them/smaller than them.

It being bigger that is your problem, height is usually a positive, not a negative (Most model are 5'10 BUT they will train hard to be skinny)

• Height doesn't mean that much to me. I do prefer girls who are shorter than me (I'm 6'2") so that doesn't tend to limit me that much.

As for body types, I tend to go for athletic and/or slim. Nothing to do with intimidation, just my own preferences.

I can't speak for other guys, just me.

• prbably cause tall girls don't give short guys a chance no point in approaching a woman who would give you no chance.

• That was very harsh. I've dated a guy that was 5'6. You can't say all tall girls dont date short guys.

• well most are like that and how tall are you?

• 6'1. Even my 5'8/5'9and friend had a boyfriend thats shorter than her.

• My mom is 5'11" and my dad is 6'4" but I turned out to be 6'9". Maybe the big guys are trying to avoid having a son who's 6'9" and a daughter who's 6'5". Some of those mini giraffes think they're too tall and are afraid their son might be taller 😂 Well why don't they try being my height lol?

I personally don't prefer petite women. It's too small for me. I would date average sized girls and tall girls. Taller girls make me feel more normal about myself.

• I would probably say that the reason guys go after petite women is because they like to feel big and have someone small and dainty to make feel like they are being held. I do feel like this goes more than one way though, one of the reasons my girlfriend enjoys dating me is because I make her feel small and loved. I can tell you that not everyone wants a shorter girl, because my friend is only 5'10 and he has a girlfriend that is 6'. So don't let something like that get you down :). Just be patient. Someone will find you.

• Bc i want to feel more dominant as a man

• Spot on. It just plays to that manly instinct that the women should submit easily to her man.

• @Telekinetic-Potato is that was guys treat us tall big girls like guys and why you guys are so tough on us but soft on short women? That's so hurtful! Guys dont treat me like a woman. They treat me like a man!!!

• Well if you want to be treated like a more like a girl then start looking the part. If you look and act more like a girly girl, then people will probably treat you more like how they treat shorter girls.

I'm not trying to say it's fair but thats life. Everyone's born with a hand, it's up to you to play it as best as you can. Don't get discouraged!

• Whole mess of reasons. I'd date up to a certain height (5'8") being 5'4". I want to be able to kiss her when I felt like it without asking her to bend down. Besides, staring at boobs isn't my thing.

• Why? Biology. Most guys like smaller girls just like most girls like taller guys.

• I have dated a woman who was taller than me, I've also dated women who are larger than me.

• They're just sexier.

• Dominant I guess, but it's not necessary. Not everyone share this prejudice.

• because our species is sexually diamorphic.

• i dont mind their hight. i would like to be with both.

• Most men Like it when their women is shorter than them same for me

• Because I want someone that I can feel tall and strong towards

• Only tall men would like tall big framed women and tall women will only like tall men. So obviously shortish men will be intimidated by your height and built.

• Oh jeez, I have absolutely no clue. XD

I'm in the minority, then? I'm actually attracted to girls who are at LEAST my height.

• It's probably something guys aren't aware of consciously. Petite = feminine and tall big = masculine. A simplification perhaps but you get the idea.

What Girls Said 6

• I honestly think they just like feeling bigger, like the big tall strong protector. But, I don't know.

I personally like tall women. I'm not a man though, obviously. I will date short women, and tall women. I am pretty damn short 5'2, so I can't understand being tall. However, I think tall women are Goddesses and would give anything to be with a kind, caring, wonderful tall woman.

• I am 5'2" and my boyfriend is 6'2". I like tall men and he likes short petite women. I know there are men who prefer tall women. Everybody like what they like. I would love to be taller. But I am who I am.

• Boy you are a lucky woman. You get to be carried by my man. My ex boyfriends couldn't even pick me up. One of them fell down when he tried to pick me up. You short women are lucky. I'm jealous because you guys attract tall handsome men.

• Are you feminine n soft spoken?

• Two guys have told me its because it makes picking me up easier.
    My crush, 6'4" loves that I'm 5'2".
    Personally I like being short so I can look at guys chests ☺️

• Well this is news to me, I'm 5"11 screw it 6 feet and I'm married with two kids and still have men checking me out.. I don't know maybe it's the way u carry yourself.

• yes tall is super super sexy and thats why most men are insecure and intimidated by tall big framed women

• because of the primitive part inside us

• So? You think you're better than me?

• I've been single for more than i can remember lol

height is not everything

• Oh ok. But still