What was the worst date that you've ever been on?

Please share what your worst dating experience was like lol

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• when i was 25, i agreed to go on a date with a guy i met online.

i had just been through a major trauma and wasn't ready to date long-term, so the expectation was that it would just be something casual. i was also in a friends with benefits situation with one of my best friends at the time. but, against my better judgment, i went anyway.

why it was the worst date? well, 5 minutes in, he says he hates books... that's when i knew it wasn't going to work. we ended up doing loser laps around the mall while he talked about his awesome socks... i wish i were making this up.

but wait, there's more!

at that point, i was thinking of any excuse i could make to get out of there, and i start spewing the most creative ones i can think of. but he's not taking the bait, and we're mid-loser lap when my friends with benefits walks by. and i'm like, oh shit, this be awkward.

thankfully, it wasn't. i left with my friends with benefits. we went for drinks, where i thanked him profusely for rescuing me from the worst date of my life.

(spoiler alert: i never saw mr. awesome socks again lol)

• Rotfl!!! That's hilarious! :D Wow that's good that the friends with benefits came along lol!!! He was probably happy that he did too lmao!!! :D

• oh, i agree... very lucky indeed; i can't be with someone who doesn't like books.

also, friends with benefits and i ended up dating for almost 2 years before i ended it... we're still friends (minus the benefits lol), and i've since met my soulmate, so it all worked out. :)

a general rule, for anyone considering it:

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...6cd97a40b3.jpg

What Guys Said 9

• I got the vibe she didn't wanna be there for some reason so I called time on it and she got butthurt. The end.

• she was 26 and it cost me $2000 and she wasn't very good

• I got set up with a girl who apparently already had a guy but went on the date because she wanted to shut her friends up about going out with me. She ignored me for two hours, and I got to pay $50 for the privilege of being ignored by her.

• Not really a date. But wanted to meet up with my then-gf. She stood me up at the last moment, saying her uncle died...
    Actually believed her at that time..
    She did this quite a lot,,,,

• i went with this girl to the swimming pool and when we were there she did not want to enter, she wanted to stay outside. it was a deal breaker for me, i went home early.

• Omg wtf... swimming is fun lol!! Was she insecure about her body or hiding something else? Lol she needs to learn to have fun

• thats true, she knew i liked her but she did not want me to see her body, thats a shame. there could have been something between us.

• It was a coffee shop meeting that was arranged by an introduction agency.
    The date ended with her walking around the wall around a fountain in the city square, singing Broadway show tunes and talking to an imaginary audience.
    I left her there, after two cops arrived and debated with each other whether or not they should call someone who had a net and a straightjacket.

• Chick was so nervous and wouldn't stop talking. Soon as I opened my mouth she was already laughing. Chick was pretty but weird af.

• My worst experience was about 6 years ago. I was with a girl I was attracted to and we started kissing and etc. When she saw me with my pants down she started laughing and she went to touch it and I prematurely made a mess before she touched it. great day

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 13

• Dated Dated guy from work, he wanted to Netflix and chill. Made him take me to IHOP to get to know each other before we did anything. Conversation was about the Illuminati and Satan worship the whole way through. He was previously married with a kid, had had a nasty habit of leaving his exes in the past without any communication. If he was turned off or didn't like them anymore, he'd just leave. He left his ex wives bc they didn't communicate through. Lived with roommates who smoked weed and heroin. Glad I just got past the first date and never called again.

• we had dinner at a restaurant. As soon as he sat down i knew it was going to be bad (don't let you friends pick your dates) he had bad manners and ill fitted clothing.. and his fist compliment to me was " wow you got great fuck me eyes" ----..-- and "those lips were made for sucking..." legit not joking i cussed him out and left... the worst part is that i didn't even get to touch my pasta... :(

• Lmao!!! That's horrible that he said that lol!!! It's like dude... that was not flattering and that's not a compliment lol!!! Aww... no to go boxes? Rotfl!!! I don't blame you though because my stomach would've turned too if he was making comments like that lol!!

• I know. The poor pasta has to pay for his stupidity. Choose your own dates peeps. Unless you want to b horrified forever 😂😂

• Met a guy at the pub. He brought his friends. Constantly talked about farming. When I went to talk to my friends at the bar I seen him run past with his friends with his hood up. He text me making excuses about calling into work. Then as I pointed out I seen him. He had the cheek to reply 'he'd come back if I gave him oral'... no thanks..

• Damn... what an asshole.. I would've been pissed too if he was saying that :/ That was so disrespectful of him

• Yeh exactly. But some guts are morons

• He ignored me the entire time, smoked weed, tried to snog me and when I said no, he told me to walk myself home even though I didn't know where I was.

Never saw him again.

• That's horrible :( He did just about every bad thing that someone can possibly do on a date :O

• Yeah! He was a complete pig. But it's fine, done with that! Have someone much better. The first date with my boyfriend was completely the opposite.

• I went out on a date with this guy, got to the restaurant, sat down and everything was going fine. After like maybe 5-10 minutes, he started saying some real inappropriate things on a first date and that led to an argument between us. I stood up and left.

• Well, I thought I had a good relatioship with a guy in high-school but after half a year of friendship, he started liking a blonde. When we used to walk in the park, when he saw her, he was looking only after her forgetiing about me. She was prettier than me. I asked him if he still liked me and he said that he didn't like me any more like at the beginning when he thought I was the prettiest girl he had ever met. I asked him about that blonde and he told me he had a big crush on her and she was prettier than me obviously but he liked my personality better. I left him that evening for good. he forgot about me and viceversa.

• the one where I got ghosted!

• The worst once when invited me to dinner and I pay all. And later every dated I was with him I always pay him. XD

• A guy who quickly left me for another one.

• This guy, he kept licking my face. He LICKED my face... Numerous times. I pushed him away, and he kept coming back for more. He literally licked it like a dog would do. It was so gross. Such a shame, because he was so hot too. I just couldn't carry on seeing him when he kept licking me though.

• Lmao!!! Omg!!! That's so gross lol!!! That sucks that he was a hot guy who kept doing that :O

• guy came to pick me up car was about to run out of gas i gave him $5 dollars.. he drove home told me his parents won't give him money for our date but paid me back the money for the gas. he said he'd bring me back home but he had to go to game stop to return some video games and at this point it was close to 10 and i told him the store is closed but he went anyways and it was close but he wanted to try another store so we went and that one was closed too. he was about to run out of gas again so he drove home and got more money for gas he finally drove me home but on our way he was just telling me crazy things. he told me he got hit my a car and that he's in debt and oh and the most important thing he's on the sex offenders list i wanted to open the car door and jump out. he just kept talking and talking and he said we made a great match and i went off on him and he was quiet the whole ride back. i got out the car waited till he left and walked the rest home.

• That's crazy!!!:O Wow... a sex offender? I would've been ready to leave as well :O And that's a shame with the gas money:/ He didn't have a job or anything? Lol many of the places probably didn't want to hire him because of his sex offender history :O

• i was shocked too but yes sex offenders list... i know at least i got my money back. he didn't have a job or go to school he lived at home. probably.

• Well, I met this guy couple of times just to see if he's gonna improve. Apparently not.

He talks and laugh so loudly when we have dinner in a restaurant and I felt shy on his place. like dude, can you talk softer? he's letting the whole universe into our conversation.

• A double date in which my boyfriend didn't talk to me the whole time and I ended up talking to my bestie the whole time.

• Damn... that's pretty bad when the best is doing most of the talking :O

• Lol!!! Wow! Lol!!! I don't blame you at all because I would've too if I was talking to my bestie that entire time lol!! :, D

• Yeah lol oh well you live and learn 😂