Was I wrong to have sent him this message... Was I being pushy or misunderstanding?

It's been 7 weeks I've been talking with/seeing this guy, 28, (not exclusively) but we spent enough time together and I've slept over at his house a few times.

the past 2 weeks he has been more drawn and went days without texting me when he used to text me daily. It had been a week and a half since I had even seen him and we only live a half hour apart. I know he was out of town for a few days, but since he has been back he had fully open days doing nothing and he never contacted me, and I tried to contact and ask him but he said he was out with his friends. I messaged him 2 days ago that I kinda missed him, how has he been, & he apologized and said he had a lot on his mind and has been busy and to not take it personal. But then he said i shouldn't have expectations or anything since he doesn't have much time to hang out in general.
I was turned off by this a bit... I told him I understand people get busy and that's okay, but just where I'm standing it feels as disinterest, and just wanted him to be open and honest with me if that's the case. Then he never responded, and I haven't heard from him since.

Like I said, in the beginning he had way more time... Now all of a sudden he doesn't? His schedule hasn't changed; he only works weekends.

Most Helpful Guy

• doesn't sound pushy. to me i'd wonder specifically what is it that consumes his time if he only works two days a week

frankly when people make those excuses and they don't seem valid it makes me wonder what their true feelings are regarding the relationship

• Agreed. Thank you

• well then that just shows that he has put priorities over your relationship which is ok but then you should expect that your girlfriend or whatever will be frustrated

• Agreed

What Guys Said 1

• Why do women like you force us into a corner

• Because I'm a demanding woman and know what I deserve damnit

• Was that response a joke?

• @mghowmasculinist no I was serious

What Girls Said 4

• Sounds odd and you weren't being pushy, seems to me he did lose interest but doesn't know if he wants to cut you off completely because perhaps there's other options, I get it you're not exclusive but still you don't want to feel like second place and lead on.

• He's lost interest and is too afraid to admit it in fear of hurting your feelings and/or you losing your cool on him. He's taking the easy way out and ghosting you. Do yourself a favour and delete his Number from your phone and don't text him again.

• I have, and unfollowed on social media

• You weren't wrong to give your opinion and being honest with him. If he can't see that then he is soo not worth it.

-ataylor02

• Thank you

• I'm working to be. I am actually.. until I get head over heels for a guy, lose my wits, and land on my bum.

• That happens all the time to me! We just have to make sure we get back up, brush ourselves off and keep moving.

-ataylor02

• He has his eye on another girl perhaps

• I think he still has feelings for his ex who cheated on him. Either that or he is seeing another girl who he met before me. I see both activity on Instagram but it's all speculation on my end.

• Maybe they are still in contact

• They are but she's been with the guy she cheated on him with for over a year and they live in different countries... But when he and I talked, I could tell he was still hurting from it. He told me he can't do a relationship now, and I think that's why.