Is it rude not to text back?

I just consider this guy to be a friend but I think he's into me. He was the last the text but I feel like the convo wasn't really going anywhere, you know?

Would it be rude to just not reply?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just say you aren't interested don't be such a pussy

Most Helpful Girl

• yes its rude esp when a person asks you a question. Thats happening to me right now and this guy came at me first wanting to hang out and stuff but didn't really make it happen and would hit me up at odd times asking where im at on fb. SO im like what. u had a chance to see me but wasn't serious.

Anyways, i gave him my number and he is just very brief wth responses and would i would try to get a convo started, he'll stop responding and the next day he'll just say hi and ill respond and he'll respond back a little and then id ask a question and he won't respond no more. Smh Yes its rude bc why are we talking if you not gonna put much effort into it?

In your case, your not into him the way he is into you. Thats how im feeling with my guy. But he asked me out which i thought he was interested but evidently he is not looking for nothing. If you are not feeling the guy and that is why you not responding much, let him know that you just see him as a friend.

If he is cool with that, respond to his texts at least in the same day. It is rude when you see someone reaching out to you or who last asked a question via texted to just ignore them.

What Guys Said 3

• i kinda do that sometimes, like seriously if they just turned it into a dead end, i will just leave them in the "seenzone" lol

• Yes.

• no i hardly ever text girls back, its fine.

What Girls Said 3

• depends on what that last text was.

• reply to it, then say you're busy with something so you'll talk to him another time.

yes, it's rude to just ignore someone's text.

• Depends on the last text, but don't lead him on. Just be honest. It only takes 30 seconds to send a text. It's common courtesy.