Guys, Why does my boyfriend like carrying/manhandling me?

My boyfriend constantly carries/manhandles me like I'm his personal toy lol :) I'm actually starting to like it and even find it attractive but I just wonder why he does it. Sometimes when I'm just making dinner in the kitchen he'll randomly pick me up and carry me to the living room and then gently place me on the couch or something ahaha :) One time when we were just having a flirty conversation he pulled my chair closer to him and then he placed his hand on my upper thigh and just looked very mischievous/playful? Lol :) A few nights ago when I was just doing some reading in his room as he worked on his assignment he stopped and unexpectedly started tickling me until I finally managed to get away and catch my breath from laughing so hard ahaha :) A few other times when we were walking together in his backyard he pulled me by the waist of my jeans (which were a little wide on me) and set me on his lap. I'm very flattered that he wants such close proximity but what makes him do it? Most of my previous boyfriends really didn't do any of that so I'm not used to this straight forward approach. Guys, why do you like carrying your girlfriends? Thanks in advance for answering my question!

19

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's a nice thing. He has lots of physical energy and a playful attitude and the strength to put you anywhere he likes. That kind of playful/physical relationship can also sustain itself quite well, since you have ways to amuse each other beyond just talking (which can start to get repetitive after some time).

I used to be like this when I was in my 20s as I'm not the smoothest talker but was a very physical type. My friends described me back then as having so much energy. I miss it -- (mid-life crisis alert). Nowadays I still have this playful relationship like that with my wife, but I have a hard time carrying her around everywhere. :-D

If your boyfriend is anything like I was, he'll probably want to have sex quite often. That kind of physical playfulness often leads to intimate thoughts quite quickly.

• It's true that he's very physically playful, lol :) His level of playfulness has increased over the last two weeks and even when we watch movies together at his place he leaves very little space between us and a lot of touching (not in a sexual way but just a lot of contact in general). There's never a dull moment though because he always has endless topics he wants to discuss is just an overall very animated person ahaha :) I find it very endearing and sometimes I can even keep up with his endless stream of questions. When guys ask a lot of questions about your personal life does that mean they find you interesting or just a way to pass the time? Thanks! :)

• Most likely because they find you very interesting, and to pass the time. He sounds pretty into you. He sounds pretty energetic.

As pointed out in the other answers, some of it might be for us to want to kind of be dominant. It doesn't necessarily mean you're like his personal toy or anything though, he could really care deeply for you.

What Guys Said 18

• It's just a method to show you we are manly

• I could see liking it. He sounds like he's more into it than most people, I'd say your lucky really

• I'm starting to like it too! :) He's also the most energetic/optimistic/chatty person I've ever dated and is always buzzing with energy in such a cute way lol :) All my previous boyfriend were more dark/broody so this is definitely a refreshing change :)

• *brooding I meant to say

• It sounds like you two have a great relationship then! Congratulations

• It's called being dominant, and being playful and mischievous and we do it for those reasons but also because it's fun and we like doing it.

• We love to be dominate. Tie you up and have our way with you... not you personally buy I hope you get the point lol

• Mm ya I like that shit too
    It's dominant u know

• Why do you like it?

He just does. Probably some sort of biological aspects to it as well as him being playful and flirty and some sort of affection-showing.

• I like it because I feel like he can protect me and also because he has strong/muscular arms that are quite attractive lol :) I guess most girls like it because guys have our opposite traits :)

• He's just having fun and showing you that he's a strong guy. I used to try this all of the time with my last girlfriend. Too bad she was a kicker... I had to stop.

• I like doing that too!

• Us guys like to feel in control, it's biological from when we would actually 'protect' our mates, but either way he gets off on the idea of being dominant

• Lol well you like to the end.

• Lmaoo yea that sure happen Op, yea that's totally happening

• I don't know what you're saying ahah :) Clarify please :)

• It's how he flirts?

• He does it because it makes him feel good and you like it.

• It feels good

• Because you are his toy. You're just like a giant flesh light.

• I hope that's not how he sees it. It sounds so territorial and possessive... Is that honestly what some guys think?

• He likes it for the same reasons you like it. It's sexual manoeuvres.

• omd cringiest relationship ever, keep it to yourself ty x

• I find it cute LOL :) Sorry I can't take my question back unfortunately for you lol :P

• hormones?