Guys , am I overreacting?

Hi guys,
I love my boyfriend, and he loves me. However, yesterday, he made a statement that left me quiet unhappy.
We were talking about relationship and friendship. He then said " if we ever break up, you should date X, he is a a nice guy and you guys get along well.

I was astounded. If we ever break up, i wouldn't want to hear who is dating, let alone me hooking him up with someone else.

I was upset but he thought it was not an insensitive comment.

Can you please enlighten me here? Is this normal? People make statements like that? or think about who their girlfriend or boyfriend should date when they will be broken up?

Cheers

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, we haven't talked about breaking up but my girl has told me two women I should date if she dies, lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• yes u are!

What Guys Said 3

• It's kinda weird that he's suggesting a future partner. It's kinda like he's telling you to leave in a passive aggressive kinda way.

• I would go apeshit if a girl said that to me you are not overreacting at all. I would say you are underreacting tbh. If he wants you he woudnt even dare dream about you being with someoene else its not right.

Have THE chat with him

• That was very thoughtful and care-ful of him.
    Or he wanted to hear "How could I ever forget you, darling? I won't date for the next 50 years if we broke up" as a response from you.

What Girls Said 0