Could you date someone who has relatives in prison?

The person themselves is good and law abiding, but members of the persons family are in prison or jail.

/Could you that that person?

Most Helpful Girl

• yes of course I am dating him not his relatives

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 23

• Absolutely. I'm the first person to understand that you don't choose your family and can't be held accountable for people you have no control over.

• I could look past it. Not everyone is squeaky clean and one terrible sin isn't least or better than the next. Plus, its not like the one you are dating was convicted. He just has family who were. I have a family with deep and dark secrets so I get it.

• meh, negotiable.

• Sure, my boyfriend's dad has been in prison before. Didn't change anything.

• Sure, it's not like I'm gonna be dating their family, so it's all cool.

• Yes, I'm interested in him, not the family member.

• Mm I don't think I'd be worried. But I have a feeling my parents would be

• Sure, can't pick family.

• Yes? I don't really see what the problem is. So what if they have relatives who are in jail? That doesn't really say anything about their personality or how they act.

• Yeah, it's not like that person who is in prison controls how the person I date thinks.

• Lmao why would that affect them or me? Yeah I would it's not a big issue!

• ya can't stop who you fall in love with

• Yes, it's not their fault that someone decided to break the law and they just happen to be related.

• Yeah? I don't see why it would bother me. I'd even date a person who has been arrested themselves, as long as it wasn't for something serious like murder or rape.

• You not responsible for what your family does.

• Definitely, a family member doesn't represent the entire family. Plus, I know some people who have relatives in jail, and it doesn't make them bad persons.

• Yes, it does not change anything.

• Tbh my family is so huge that I probably have a relative in prison. I would date someone like that.

• Of course

• Yes.

• Yeah. My whole family beside my mom and brothers have been to jail or prison.

• Well since I have relatives who've only just come out of prison it would be rather hypocritical to say I wouldn't...

• Well it depends on why they have went to jail. If they killed/murdered/raped someone etc. then HELL NO!

• Why? if it wasn't that person who did anything wrong?

• Because it scares me. No one i know has ever been to jail or done nasty crazy horrible stuff. You never know, it's better to be as safe as possible

What Guys Said 19

• Families vary. I work in a law office, and prior to that, I worked in private security. Never even had a mean conversation with a cop. My older brother is in the US Army and holds security clearances. My younger sister, meanwhile, can't legally own a firearm thanks to her exploits.

• Yup i can, the relatives don't reflect on the person you're dating.

Anyone who refuses to date someone because ANOTHER PERSON in the family is locked up, is a bigoted idiot.

• Already have lol

• Yes, of course. You can't fault someone for how their family acts.

• sure xD it´s not her being in prison. what does her relative have to do with her? i mean it doesn´t mean that she´s bad.

• Could even be with one who was an ex criminal. Besides, you don't choose the family you're born into.

• Dated someone with an uncle who was a murderer. Didn't see any abnormalities.

• It would be irrational to blame one person for the sins of another.

• Yup they are not the ones committing the crimes.

• Absolutely. Most of my family has been in prison but it does not define who I am as an individual.

• Sure why not?

• Yeah, I don't see that being a problem.

• Who doesn't have relatives in prison these days?

#AmericasProblems

• Yeah, but...

• Yeah, why not?

• Yea, why would that even matter?

• well, who am i dating?

• easy question

• I would not.