Could sex robots make women obsolete (read my description)?

I read an article today regarding this notion on whether sex robots in the future will be paid for by men to be advanced flesh lights/sex toys, they say its going to be a common trend by 2030 and are apparently right now introducing them but feminists are doing their best to try ban them. Imagine if they looked as real as the robot gigolo (Jude Law) in the film Artificial Intelligence, which they probably will do eventually in future but even now they look kinda real so wouldn't be too long. Do you think this would be a bad idea? Because i know for a fact the average woman is going to have some big competition which could change the society of dating big time lol. Should women really panic about this because some feminists are? Would you guys buy a sex bot? Also please read the sources before commenting, as well the article please.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/16/sexbots-why-women-should-panic/

• Yes most women
  • No not at all
  • Just women in general.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is not going to make women obsolete, but this will cause problems to able to produce offspring naturally, as well as cause problems for marriages in general. It will also cause problems for males to bond naturally to any woman. Since men imprints on the sex then a woman. And by 'imprint', I mean they literally become wired to only what is introduced to them. It will effect them psychologically and emotionally if not physically. In all honesty. They will never tell you this, because it is marketed to sell for their own profit. Not for your own well being and to practice better judgement. It is neither about the pros or cons. It's about common sense. Either way, it's going to become the norm regardless if they want to protest against it or not. This is going to be enforced. All I can say is this is very very sad. They would rather have meaningless sex then connections with real people/REAL flesh and blood women. Don't be surprise for the raise of more therapist and single parents, marriage will soon be obsolete and only used for personal expenses, with serious tax burdens on the less fortunate.

• Humans are going to be produced in laboratories, just like all other species, in a matter of decades.

• @xxxddd Actually it's been happening for years already. Not decades. Without a soul the body is only able to animate based on the physics, and this is turn will make humans no longer capable in being human. You can have the same flesh, bones, blood and everything else that defines 'human', but it will be without humanity. You can already see people are losing their humanity everyday through everyday people, not just criminals.

• I meant materially (https://www. technologyreview. com/s/545106/human-animal-chimeras-are-gestating-on-us-research-farms/).

What has been happening is a prelude to what is coming.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think obsolete is the right word. I also think this wouldn't have been much of an issue if it wasn't for Feminist message "Women need men like a fish needs a bicycle" into the psyche of every man and boy for the last 60 years. The gender war has reached a point where I think most men would welcome a sex bot vs. a real woman, in a sort of "message received" kind of way.

The interesting part in all of this is that for the first time in history men will be "freed" from their sex drive. Sex bots will change the world, imagine the social implications of every man knowing with 100% certainty that he can have mind blowing sex with a perfect 10 in anyway he wants at any time he wants. Women will have to compete for men on their merits instead of their sex appeal because the only reason to spend time with a woman would be because you enjoy her company.

I will say though that VR porn is amazing!! It's just good enough that you can suspend belief, it's like mentally you feel like you had sex with a real woman, even though it was obviously just a video. Hard to explain, you really need experience it to get it, it's more than just having rubbed one out. And VR porn is as bad as it will ever get, only way to go from here is up! exciting times.

Now pair VR porn with a high quality sex doll or sex toy, they now make ones that work in conjunction with whats happening on the screen. I imagine you could have a decent sex life without even actually having sex.

So yes I could see men en mass, in part, replacing real women with "sex bots" if they were high enough quality, as far as sex life go's anyway.

• Maybe not a doll but you could just buy a flashlight with virtual reality porn lol

• There are even people developing VR porn video games lol. I tried one, it's still in development and the uncanny valley on the woman's face was pretty bad but the experience was still pretty awesome, you can really see the potential.

• Its still early days give it 10 year

What Girls Said 21

• I voted no but I sure do hope so.
    All these raging misogynists can finally stop calling themselves nice guys and supreme gentlemen or whatever and shut up.
    But then they'd be angry that they're fucking robot pussy while other men are enjoying the real deal.

Whatever.

Make some for the raging misandrists as well.

• Why would they be angry about that if the robot is well made:

1) If you get tired of fucking the robot you have, you get another one - no drama, no lawyers.

2) The robot will never get wrinkles, fat, cramps, gas, or headaches.

3) You can get a robot that looks exactly like your fantasies (In Japan they have sex dolls that look like they're 12).

4) Robots will never insist on going out for dinner.

No, I think the ones who will be envied will be the ones who can afford the really nice robots...

• If you wanna know what the wall looks like after 30 Buchita, well its bit like when Superman hits kryptonite... or when Cinderella loses her slipper.

• I get it. After 30, most of my appeal is gone. That's fine by me. I didn't have much to begin with lol

I may be a mean person, but surprisingly enough, people prefer my personality over my looks. Or that's what they say. Go figure.

• I believe for some men it will replace them, at least temporarily.

Yes, a robot is perfect and ageless. But, as you age you will want someone to age with you. Some people enjoy have a debate with their other half, me and my partner constantly take the piss and part of what we love is the unexpected.

There will be men who want children as well.

I think it will change relationships but I don't think women will be useless.

• Thanks @Mingetease :) I'm glad you noticed my ugly face.
      If it helps, I'm fat and I'm fucking pain in the ass. Don't worry, I won't bum you. I'm not into blue dudes.

• @Sunflower19 thank you for the support. Not worried, just as usual, amazed someone can be that much a twat

• No problem! I know. Him this other guy got butt hurt and started insulting me just because I said I wasn't worried. Lmao!

• Not many normal, emotionally healthy men would choose a robot over a real human woman. I'm not worried.

• If you think a woman's only function is to have sex with men, then I guess they would be considered obsolete. But there are even more worrisome implications about how much you regard a woman's humanity if you believe they can be replaced or (even creepier) improved by an unfeeling, soulless sex robot.

• Depends on what a soul is... Do dogs have souls? Cats? If so, then robots can too... What is a soul? Is it the realization of self-identity? Is it having a consciouness? All of these things can be programmed.

• @schnipdip To have a soul is the capaibility to suffer and feel other emotions. All living beings have it, of course.

In robots, and AIs, it hasn't been programmed yet, then you can't be sure it can be programmed.
      Why? Because to program it, we first know to find out how it works and what it is.

• @schnipdip Now that is an interesting thought! Perhaps a little off topic and slightly troll-ish to harp on the definition of a soul as the meat of my prior statement, but I'll indulge. To my knowledge, "soul" is derived from the Greek word psychē which also comes from the word psyxō. Not unrelated note: "psychology" is more directly descended from the same term! It means "to blow" and is understood in the context of God blowing life into a person. The soul is roughly interpreted as individual consciousness resulting from said breath of life. That gives rise to more questions than answers in regard to the current limitations of modern AI and whether or not a robot can have a soul. Can you program individuality or does the nature of programming certain responses invalidate the authenticity of the resulting personality? How can we compare AI to humans when we understand so little of how our own brains develop a "soul"? If you gave a sex robot a soul, wouldn't that raise ethical concerns?

• 67.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7jhdw1Obx1r487rx.gif

You can't have an relationship with a robot, if anything it will replace hookers.

• Women are the ones that pursue relationships more...

• @mghowmasculinist Women obviously dont understand how men work and think mens brain are wired the same as there's lol If pornography gets millions of men jacking off day in day out... image what a sex robot can do. All it takes is a visual cue

• I could careless.

• Then all the neckbeards will have something to do instead of constantly complaining about us on the internet. Yippee!

• Sounds more like an upgraded version of a sex doll and I don't know many men that are into that anyway.

• 1|0
  • No, it will replace women only for desperate men who can't have a date.

• No, because a person whether they be a man or a woman still requires warmth and affection.

• there's always a dog he could have as a pet lol plus men are emotional detached anyway, its women who mostly pursue relationships. For men sex is the most important then relationship is on side, trust me stop giving your boyfriend sex to once every 6 month to a year and see how long he sticks around.

• @Mingetease No that's disgusting. I actually value my body and have self respect. There's only one man I plan to be with and that man is my husband.

• @Mingetease No. Not at all, you honestly are a disgusting person on the inside. However! I truly do wish you find the woman of your dreams. I hope you find someone who loves you like no other and who you love so much that it hurts. I hope you find a woman that makes you want to be a better man. I hope you find happiness, you've clearly got a lot of anger in you.

• Meh... Some guys will choose the robots over real women but I think that'll be very few.. So I'm not worried.

• @Mingetease lmao you will never know.

• When all is said and done, nature balances out everything... and the pedestal will fall.

• @mghowmasculinist like I said, I never put my vagina on pedestal.

• Have you seen the male robots they have now? They look pretty human compared to any female robot. And only a sick , demented , weird person chooses a robot over a human.

• can't reproduce with a bot lol and I doubt the emotions would be in any way realistic

• I don't know about that but I''mma get me a sex bot for sure

• I'm glad abut the results.

• Scary 😬

• Only ugly women. Likely only guys who have a hard time finding a girl will buy these. They won't have to settle for ugly women anymore. No one wants an ugly woman, not even guys who aren't attractive. They won't have to suffer through being with one. I think all guys would rather take a sex doll than some ugly woman, especially butterfaces. I would love to see this happen. Guys will still want beautiful women over a sex doll though.

• Actually, when it comes down to it, you will find that the path of least resistance is right up there on the top of the list for most guys.

• @mghowmasculinist i will be only young good looking and hot women that will be in high demand. Women in general/ average are going to find it exceptionally hard to find relationships because it kinda does make women obsolete since it removes sex which is the power that women have over men to keep us in control

• No. The people who prefer masturbating because their partner is just a sex toy to them are better off single.

Sex is awesome, but It's far easier to get off alone. Relationships and even casual sex are generally more than mindless orgasms.

• I don't know why anyone would ban them, just a jerk off tool. Though I don't think they should look like children.

• 👉👌

• I wish. Hopefully the self-proclaimed nice guys will leave us alone if that ever happens.
    *fingers crossed*

• If that does not happen, at least you can take solace in the fact that after the age of 30, those self-proclaimed nice guys won't even notice you.

• @mghowmasculinist All these women are actually terrified deep down they just mask it lol Right now men my age are wanting relationships with women but trust by the time they had enough of women's games, manipulation and superficial demands most men will turn to sex robots. Its good because it does make women obsolete meaning they have to lower their standards in order to find a partner.

• yea because women are only theere for sex... it would surely make us totally useless

and I don't know really if it would work that well
    i mean there are hookers and porn and escorts and people still rape and creep on women... sooo...

• Escorts/prostitutes would be ore popular if they were clean and legal

• no YOU are dismissing the whole point of the conversation and making it about men when its not and you're just shoving w/e in it...
      typical male
      you only hear "men get raped too" when some tragic rape incident happens to a woman and everyone talks about it... what does that have to do with anything? nothing
      who mentioned men in the first place? no one
      who said men didn't get raped? no one

this conversation is over.

• Oh so now men's problems don't matter to you... Good job pleb.

What Guys Said 27

• Well the whole question is based on the idea that society is ruled by men and that women are here only for us which is wrong to begin with. And the main thing about relationships is feelings and connection, if it was all about sex I could just stay single and masturbate already. I guess these sex robots will mostly make life better for guys who already do that. But I think we are still ridiculously far away from creating an artificial intelligence that would come anywhere near human consciousness.

• I don't think I could even consider one of those robots without realizing I'd be a massive loser who needs to focus on real social relationships that would be much more beneficial.

• People used to believe that internet users were losers with no life.

• @Fugue j

• @Fugue people who spend most of their time on the Internet are losers.

• It's impossible to replace real women, they will never be obsolete.

• technology is slowly making man obsolete in workforce. I would say it makes women in general obsolete whereas goodlooking and hot women will be in demand

• I don't think a robot can replace a woman because they won't ever go beyond looks.

• No lol. Not going to be fcking optomus prime anytime soon OP. I like real pussy.

• It might make creepy men obsolete.

• Beware that if there are fem-bots there are gentlemen bots as well.. and he comes with vibration by standard.

Honestly though relationships with SOME humans be they female or men and computers will grow past the relationship we have with dildos now so yes some people will date their sex robots.. they will marry them and perhaps even adopt kids. That is just how powerful feelings are but for humanity as a whole it will probably not go past stage of being an aid when your partner is not around.. or together with your partner (who am I to judge)

• It'll never replace the intimate touch, and the knowing that another living being values you.

• I suppose but do you believe women are capable of that? Would any woman value you as a person? Or would it six pack abs with model looks, money, height, status etc. You need to ask your self these questions because there is a lot of men out there who are in to their middle ages and have not experienced that intimacy yet.

• Or would it take*

• not obsolete, and it won't be practical because the price tag would be soo high,
    but its really sad us guys have to turn to things like these to find love, relationships and sex even if its artificial, girls always had the control over us and who gets to love them, and they dont always want us, because girls naturally dont care and dont have the ability to love, maybe if that behavior turned around maybe that will change in the future to the point where sex toys would become obsolete instead.

• Women only have as much control as you allow them... most men are so thirsty that they let women control them, walk over them and lead them on.

• It might give men more leverage at the street level, but obsolete? Only the women that had no value other than their bodies to begin with. Besides that, some women would probably do the same and get sex bots. Rich women that never had children, like Oprah. Look at what some model man did to Hale Berry. She wanted a sleek prized man but now she has to pay him alimony.

• Not really, no. You still need them to have children and in our lifetimes computers won't be good enough to replace real people for the emotional attachment.

• The first video was creepy as fuck.
    Perhaps it will be good for people who can't find a woman or want a one sided relationship but nothing can replace the intimacy shared between two human beings.

• That's so silly it doesn't even deserve a response, but ill give you one anyway. "No."

• They will make women realize how replaceable men have known they are for generations. Up until now we've just jacked off manually if we didn't see women as a viable investment, now we'll buy a sex robot with very low upkeep costs. You want this trend to change? Then you change and become a decent investment again.

• they will be amazing for guys that are bad at socializing with women like autistic people but doesn't really change anything for normal guys. until the day they make complete perfect replicas of women that are not whiney and bitchy which will be in a couple hundred years, there's nothing to worry about. there will be a point though where you can have a perfect relationship with a robot and not even be able to tell the difference between them and a human other than the fact one isn't a cunt unless its programmed to be one.

• Like pocket pussy? We have that for pre game rituals baha but for big jacked athletic dudes having no problem in boning chicks like every weekend. It won't really make difference

• Have you ever heard of the 80/20 rule? Only a small percentage of men have the choices of mating with all the women. Maybe not obsolete but it will lower women standards and women will have to compete. Think about.. there's millions of men out there that prefer pornography over the bullshit women bring to table just to bust a nut, it be hot women in demand not average women.

• these robots will also exists for women dude, not only for men. doesn't these robots mean less rape which is what feminists want?

• Yeah but men are value for more than looks unlike women since women crave relationships over sex on its own. Men only need a visual cue to be satisfied whereas women need a connection, money and a mans status, women would just stick to dildos. Men and women are satisfied completely different and only hot women will be in demand.

• Men and women value sex differently and even relationships. Men value sex with lots of beautiful women and women value relationships/commitment more so escorts, pornography or sex bots will benefit men more. Trust me majority of men go in to relationships is because of what it offers.. sex which is in exchange of resources or money and status that the man provides. If men had a big supply of women willing to suck his dick regular he wouldn't pursue relationship because he wouldn't need to, i have never heard of an unhappy bachelor who is getting laid all time lol

• i guess i will be an exception then since i value companionship and love and intimacy and trust and all that stuff you know.

• No, that's a stupid question and I don't feel I need to add anymore.

• There goes the population problem, RIGHT out the door!

• AHAHAHAAHAHAHA NOPE

• It's damn near impossible to create such technology.

• Nah, women will not be obsolete, but men will have a human and robo wife and I'm down that!!

• I just like real chicks. I love girls only.

• Yea but they don't love you... only what you can provide for them or do for them. Briffaults law...

• Absolutely not. An item cannot replace a human

• No, sex robots will be used only by:
    1. Unattractive, old and fat men;
    2. Guys who lack self-confidence, or are too shy;
    3. Creepy perverts.

• Which is an epidemic lol

• Also there is more women than men in this country, meaning a small percentage of those women will be only be able to get those alpha males

• Indeed

• I have a small penis, so yeah, I'd get one if I had the money. It beats getting cheated on.

• The only value we can have as members of our gender, is either by adhering to our gender roles, and the access to our reproductive system. A person can have value in other ways, but not as a member of their gender. A doctor for example can have value to society, but his or her gender, but it won't add to their gender unless that is a part of their gender role.

Without gender roles, that pretty much means the value of men and women, is as sexual objects, or for the use of making babies. Just think of how worthless a modern woman would have to be as a woman, in order to be fear not being able to compete with an over priced sex doll, since the level of tech for them to pass for human isn't even close.

There is a reason why men aren't worried about being replaced by male sex dolls. Generally men are still held closer to our gender roles, and therefore have greater value to women when it comes to a relationship, whether women want to admit it or not.

I think what will happen in the short term is that robot women, will force human women to step up their game, clinging more to traditional female roles for a while. Meanwhile there will be other men and women that simply find it easier to have a robot partner. Others might even own a robot, and still be open to dating real people on occasion.

As the tech gets better it will become more and more common. The percentages are impossible to know, but considering how many men and women mostly socialize online, and would rather look at their smart phones rather than talk to another human, I would say eventually we simply will lose most of our value for other human's almost entirely. I even suspect humans will prefer their robot nannies over their real parents one day.

Human's are flawed. Robots will eventually be perfected. I just don't see how either gender could compete with a perfected robot. The humans that prefer other humans will generally be the ones that enjoy drama, and arguing.

The only issues of a robot, would be how realistic it is, and its inability to reproduce. It would need to be real enough that it's emotions and responses could pass as human. The first one will take time to figure out. The reproduction part is likely to be a blessing however. There would be no accidental pregnancies, or parental fraud and the technology for an artificial uterus is likely to be perfected long before effective humanoid robots are created.

• The way I see it this will make women as obsolete as flesh lights did or as dildos did men.

You know, I don't think it changed a darn thing getting those sex toys. This one probably won't change anything either. Trickier to hide in your bedside drawer is all.