Guys, are these signs that he likes me?

Okay, so I recently started a new job (about two months ago). And there is this dude who has said hi to me pretty much every day. He learned my name quickly. That said we've never really had like an actual conversation because we work in a big store, but also in different departments. Though we're often on the same schedule so we pass each other by a lot, and basically say "Hey, how are you doing?" and move on.
I only recently started wearing make up, and it's pretty light, just some stuff to cover up my acne, and lip gloss, and light eye liner. Today he stopped me and asked if I was wearing lip gloss, I said yes. He said that he liked it and to keep it up. And then on my way back up to the front to get to my register (I'm a cashier), he passed me, smiled and was like "I'll be thinking of you!"
And then on my lunch break is when he came into work to begin with, he came over and asked to borrow a dollar for the vending machine. He promised to repay it before I left, and he just doesn't seem like that guy who stiffs people out of dollars, so I was like "whatever" and just gave it to him. And if he did, it wouldn't have been a big deal to ME, like I'd be kinda mad, but yeah, it's not like it's a $20.
Anyway, he DID repay me. While I was at my register, he came right up behind me, and rather than just handing me the dollar, he slid it into the pocket of my work vest, said "Have a good one" and left.
Is it possible he likes me?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain?)

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm gonna disagree with the other people here: I don't think he's just being friendly, but it's possible he's just a flirty person, or he may think you're hot but has a girlfriend already. Check how he treats other female coworkers (especially the younger, prettier ones) and find out if he has a girlfriend. If he treats you differently and he is single then I think he likes you.

• I don't know about a girlfriend, but he usually just ignores the other girls, with the exception of like when he's in line to buy something, but even then I've only ever seen him go to other men or the old women cashiers. And he's always friendly to the women, but certainly not flirty.

• This sounds as if he likes you. Try to strike up a conversation, see if he asks you questions about yourself and your interests.

What Guys Said 12

• you realize he asked to brrow money from you when he didn't need to... since loans "connect" people. usually in a bad way.

• but he paid it back right away at the end of the day. We were just gonna trade, because all he had was 20's and 5's, but I didn't have enough 1's, so yeah I just loaned it. But it's paid back, so what could be the issue?

• there isn't an issue.. my point is...

he chooses to interact with you and ask for a loan instead of finding other means.

an excuse to talk to you, interact with you, and see you again later in the day to pay you back... hell it even establishes some trust.

yes he likes you...

• oooh see you confused me, I thought you meant it in a bad way

• He may or may not like you tbh. It seems he likes you but you can't be 100% sure. So wait it out a little and see how he acts in the future.

• That is very true. And yeah, I think I was gonna do that anyway honestly. Not because of this but I'm way too shy to put the moves on him lol. Thanks.

• Yes it shows he's interested. Maybe start up a conversation with him and see where it goes. Or ask him to go on a work break with you.

• He could just be a flirt. That's how I am. But here is the thing. Dont show too much interest. Be cool and playful. This way if he likes you, he will comfortable enough to ask you out.

• he could be gay. gay guys do things like that.

• Next time he give gives you a compliment say to him in a friendly way ''man up and grow a pair'' he probably say what or excuse me then say never mine and smile. He'll think it throughout the day. So what about you, do you like the guy?

• What would saying that accomplish?
      And I do like him very much.

• Well if the above count as signs, then yes

• Well I dint know what else to say seeing that you're too shy and him not stepping up his game. If you want something to happen you have to step up you game. Grow a pair take one for the team as millions of men get rejected by women. See how it feels for once and see that's it's no big beal. I've been rejected before and it's not all that bad, it's the approaching that get me an anxiety attack. Hate it!

• He likes you, but not sure if its good one. He is more looking for hook up. WBU , do u like him? That's the question you should be asking.

• well I mean yeah, I do. He's sweet to me, and outgoing, and good looking, I could list a few more things, but I do like him.

• So go ahead

• I would probably act like that too. Sounds like a charasmatic nice guy. "I'll be thinking of you" is a weird thing to say though.

• Is it possible? Yeah. Does he? Not sure.

• I think he likes you. Do you like him?

• Looks like he just wants sex

• Maybe but I don't think he does he seems friendly though

What Girls Said 3

• He's just being friendly.

• I think he's just being friendly. Some guys are a touch flirty like that. I don't see enough evidence that says he likes you romantically. Your attraction to him might be getting in the way. I wouldn't put too much thought in it.

• Flirty yes but crush no