What does it mean? What can I do?

So I had a thing with this guy for 2 months. We kissed, cuddled, and hung out multiple times. We both really liked each other and everything was great. We hung out 6 days ago and it was perfectly fine nothing was wrong. Then 3 days later he started not answering me, Then yesterday he told me that we should stop talking. He said that it wasn't me, it was him. He couldn't trust himself and that he doesn't want to hurt me because last time he hurt a girl she got suicidal. And he doesn't want that to happen with me. But ever since he said that I have been a complete mess. I cannot stop crying and every time I think of him I want to tear up. I cry myself to sleep, and the worst feeling is knowing that I cannot see him again. I would do anything just to be able to see him and hear his voice again. I am hoping that he comes back, but I don't think he going to. I am heartbroken and I don't know waht to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• Unfortunately, you should give him space. And it sucks, realizing that this person doesn't think he should be in your life, because he cares about you. The reason he cares about you, is because he doesn't want you to go through something his ex-girlfriend went through. It's pretty clear he had a bad relationship before that. Everyone goes through that eventually, and it takes time to heal from it. The amount varies, but for a lot of people, it takes awhile.

If you aren't ready to move on yet, all you can do is wait. And what I mean is, you shouldn't obsess over him, shouldn't stalk him on social media, nor should you contact him for a little bit. You should go out and do things, with friends, and enjoy yourself. Don't be hung up on this. But that doesn't mean you don't have to let go yet. If he doesn't contact you after a month, I think it'd be time to let go, and move on.

You may think this sucks right now, but I assure you that with time you will feel better. In fact, it's better that it happened now, instead of it happening when you guys made an even more unbreakable connection. If you guys don't end up getting back together, you'll eventually realize how much strength it took him to make the call. He cares about you, but at this point you have to give him space. Whatever you do, don't beg for him back, or don't be needy, or else it'll push him away, thus diminishing your chances of getting back together.

Best of luck, and feel better :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should find ways to forget about him.