Do you believe you have any control over who you fall in love with?

Or is it all the hearts decision? For me it was definitely all the heart... very little brains were used, just enough to think about the guys qualities

Most Helpful Guy

• I do now, getting my heart too involved only lead to me getting hurt in the end.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think we chose how we react to our emotions. I also beleive sometimes we choose to be one way or another. Brought on by some situation- we choose to be happy, sad, mad about something.

But I think, in my opinion falling in love has to do with your soul. I feel as though there is a connection between souls and your body just follows the soul. But I definitely do not beleive in love at first sight. Love is complicated yet simple. It's beautiful. Although I've never been one to rely on romantic relationships anyways. Just my opinion.

What Guys Said 6

• Must admit if i'm talking with a girl and she is:
    -my type
    -into me
    It's a pretty helpless situation lmao

• You can somewhat influence it but ultimately you can not control who it is you fall in love with.

• i absolutely know, not believe, that i do have control.

• Nope
    If you interact with someone there's a chance you'll fall in love

• lol of course

• Yeah i dont like sluts/whores

What Girls Said 10

• No, I don't think it's possible to control who you fall in love with. Sometimes people fall for the wrong person. Their head knows it's wrong, but their heart overules the head and falls in love anyway.

That's how some people fall for the wrong person. They know the person is wrong for them, but there's just no stopping your heart or suppressing your feelings for the person

• Love literally takes place in the brain. It's a process of biology, in combination with exposure; you are either naturally attracted to someone or you aren't, and if you're around them enough, you will fall in love.

• your heart does no deciding at all lol. seriously. it's just responsible for oxygenating blood. "love" is state of delusion created by your brain. all of your feelings are just the results of chemicals, neurotransmitters.

• If we had control I think we would fall in love with people who has similar interests and the same social class

And there would be less heartbreak

• No we don't you are either attracted to the person or not, when attracted to them for whatever reason the heart rules over logic, it's just how it is.

• I don't feel like I have any control. I wish I did though!

• I do, yeah

• Actually I don't think it is something we can control as humans. We can try. But we shall fail. Love is not a choice and it is not voluntarily accomplished. It isn't up to us to decide.

• no the heart wants what it wants

• Nooe
    No control at all