Why are tattoos so attractive, especially to women?

My brother never really got a lot of attention but six months ago he got this tattoo that said east side and his last name lol, but girls flirt with him all the time now lmfao. What's up with that and give me your personal reasons for liking it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Tattoos are just the 'It' thing right now. Everyone loves them and most people that have one feels cool cause they get attention good or bad. Tattoos are a form of expression and should mean at least something if you going to put them on your body though. If they don't I just see it kinda pointless.

• I would have to agree with you on that. in the last few years tattoos have risen in popularity and well it really does feel like they are the IT thing right now, although I seem to see more women wanting tattoos (pretty much copy and paste ones... you know the butterflies or infinity signs... stuff like that). I wonder why that is? maybe its a way for them to say its my body and I'll do what I want with it? the only people who I hear telling women they can't do stuff with their bodies is grumpy old people and politicians lol... I feel that will change soon enough though and I feel like with our kids tattoos will probably drop in popularity. at least a little bit. BUT who knows, thats just a guess, I have nothing against tattoos or people who have them. They aren't quite MY thing but thats okay.

• @KenM9215 well at least you understand. Yeah everything goes around and comes back around. People's styles change all the time. I personally do like tattoos and have them, but I generally keep in places no one sees unless I'm naked or not wearing much.

• I try to understand lol and there is nothing wrong with you having tattoos, and if anyone says anything other wise well thats their opinion.

What Girls Said 14

• Huh. I've always liked them on a man.
    Chest, arms, and shoulders are a huge plus.

Why? It shows they can handle pain to get them.
    Especially if they have multiple and they're detailed/required a lot of work.

For *me* it's the idea that the guy is pretty manly.

NOT always and only on men with muscle. But, yeah.

• Honestly I don't know. It's just the image that it gives off I guess. A couple of tatoos are a trun on for me but if the guys whole body is basically tatted it's a turn off.

• I think the pain people endure to permanently put something on their skin highlights strength and determination which I find really sexy. Except if it's a tattoo of something tasteless
    az616578.vo.msecnd.net/.../...grets-Tattoo-BIG.jpg
    😂

• Maybe it's the powerful look they have, the "dont fuck with me" or "I'm tough/dominant"

• lol I've met some pretty submissive men with tattoos... maybe they are trying to hide it? who knows lol.

• thats not to say ALL men with tattoos are submissive or anything either...

• Tattoos do nothing for me.

• I am not really a tattoo fan, though one guy had the most beautiful tattoo that caught my eyes, it actually had a deep meaning to it too, that is the only tattoo i have seen that i liked, usually tatts don't impress me.

• Because tattoos give off this 'bad boy' vibe and everyone knows how some girls/women like bad boys...
    I really don't get it and they do nothing to me.

• They think he's a bad boy now?

They don't change my mind about if a dude is attractive or not.

• It's a preference thing for girls. I, personally, find a more alternative look to be extremely attractive because that's more of what I like to look like myself. That sounded very confusing but I can't think of a better way to put it. It's just something that boosts my attraction level towards someone. Kind of like a hair color, or an eye color.

• They're not.

• I dislike tattoos :/

• haha not sure! But there's just something sexy about tattoos on men.

• I don't date guys with tattoos. To me that's low class. Now everybody is going to dump on me and tell me what an idiot I am and all that crap. If I saw tattoos on my gynecologist I'd run the other way

• They're not even close to attractive

What Guys Said 5

• He... tattooed his own name on his body?
    Isn't that a bit like what alzheimer's patients do? Wear name-tags that says their name and their home address so they won't forget? XD

• Tattoos are NOT attractive in my opinion

• They probably tend to associate it with rebellion or dangerous excitement.

• Yuck on a girl ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww just keep them ourtta my fav spots and we good.

NO CHEST OR FACE PLEASE

• Not to me tbh