How do you avoid/exit the friend zone?

Say if you knew a girl and were friends for a couple of months (started out just wanting to be friends) but now you are interested.

any wore opinions?

Most Helpful Girl

• You ask her out and accept her answer no matter what it is.

• I completely agree, you just described what I'm going to do this week...

• @mghowmasculinist except that if she has put you in the friendzone already, this won't work. She needs to be attracted in order to say yes, and you don't need any buildup for that.

• @mghowmasculinist Well, I'm not doing things out of the blue here man. I know what I'm going to do and I wouldn't do it if I didn't think that there's a good chance of getting a positive answer. I'm prepared for rejection too, but I prefer to try than to regret later for not having done anything.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 8

• It depends on the girl and if she still thinks you're attractive (mentally and/or physically). For me personally, once you're in the friend zone you're not getting out unless something drastic happens.
    If you have the courage meet up with her and get a little tipsy, kiss her and if she rejects you blame it on the alcohol and apologize etc. the next day (if this happens it's really unlikley you'll become more than friends), if she kisses you back then you know there's a little something there ;)

• this is a bold move right here. High risk (i mean the slander that can result from this) high reward situation

• yeah ill try that approach, its seems more appropriate for my situation

• Good luck :)

• When the time is right, ask her for a date. Ask her to go the movies or something else you both would be interested in. You could also invite her out to happy hour at a bar you both enjoy. Try to make it original.

You might say:

"I heard about this movie, what do you think about it?" If she says she thinks it looks good, ask her if she'd like to go with you to see it. If she asks "As in a date?" say yes. Girls like guys who are sure of themselves much better than they do the cowardly guys.

Wishing you the best of luck.

• Make a move! I know it's scary but I can't tell you how many guy friends I've had that I would have dated if they had just asked or made a move. I assumed they weren't interested so nothing happened. If that's too bold try flirting a bit and see how she responds :)

• Still take your time until she decides to go out with you. Or ask her out 'n' see what she says. If she makes it clear that she's not interested, move on. If she says she needs more time, do not move on, but still give her a bit more time. If she says yes, then congrats, you got the girl. With most girls this usually doesn't work, but with some it does.

• You ask how they feel about them if they don't know then start lightly flirting and touching innocently, hugs become tighter. Then try for a kiss at some point and see what happens

• 1: don't be ugly
    2: don't talk about other girls
    3: be funny, make a lot of eye contact, sit a bit closer to her than usual, do a bit more accidental touching, be interested in her and remember what she says: flirt!
    4: either she'll like you or she won't. In the friend zone, you have about just as good a shot as a total stranger would have.

• Be hot and intellectually stimulating. The number of friend zones you're in with decrease dramatically.

• If you're in the friend zone then you can't get out

What Guys Said 25

• It probably won't happen. Being friendzoned is like being buried; you are not going to be resurrected by a mere mortal. If there is any chance at all, make sure your timing is right (don't approach when she has a boyfriend or just broke up with a boyfriend.) Approach her with confidence; "We know each other fairly well, I am attracted to you, and I think we would be good together, so I'd like the opportunity for us to get to know each other in a different way." If she says no, say goodbye to the friendship and move on.

• You simply can't avoid the friend zone, and the only way to exit it is by not accepting friendship as the 'consolation prize' from the other person. Move on and find someone who finds you attractive.

• Flirt with her and ask her out. The freindzone is really only a place women put their very close guy freinds and guy freinds that they have known for years. Go for it dude.
    I kind of have the same problem but I have been close freinds with her for like a few years so I have to work on getting her to think of me as a potential date. I also have to show that I'm not just one of the girls to her sadly.-Like acting extra manly, being a gentleman, and doing stupid guy shenanigans.

• Only players and sociopathic bad boys avoid the Friend Zone, at your age.
    Girls in your age range want arseholes who break their hearts and treat them like crap.
    This preference is demonstrated by the men they choose.
    Ignore what women say that they want, watch who they choose. Players, bad boys and dropkicks get the girl almost every time.
    As for how to exit the Friend Zone, just walk away. The Friend Zone is a place of desolation, from which no man returns.
    Do not be her emotional tampon, or the 'nice guy' who is her gay friend, even though he is straight.
    Move on. Do not allow yourself to become one of the men who are kept around as 'just friends' because they have utility value to her.

• uhhh lurking as a friend for pussy is also sociopathic bro.

• Not sociopathic, if you look up the meaning of the term. It is just sad and doomed to fail.

• If you started out as friends, you fucked up. Once your in the Friendzone, you're fucked. And not in the good way.

Ask her out. When she rejects you, cease all contact.

• Honestly speaking, by being around her you can't change this once friendzoned. What you can do is break all contact for a substantial period 6-12 months and then improve on yourself and reflect on why you got friendzoned. Biggest reason guys get friendzoned is not being manly (not authoritarian enough) or coming across as this needy nice guy who will have any girl (doesnt know what he wants).

Once a substantial time has passed you make your move again and start fresh.

• Two kinds of friends one.

Zone 1: The Gay Younger Brother Zone- You're fucked bud, no escape but the sweet embrace of death.

Zone 2: Back Burner- Let time do what it's gonna do, she's flirting with you for a reason and you're a viable replacement for her loser current boyfriend. She sees you as a potential partner but won't cheat, she keeps you around for options. Lots of ways out, but the only one that will result in long term dating or relationship is to wait out her relationship ending.

• That's not worth it. Move on.

• is it worth it if she's pissed me off, and i've friend zoned her, and she's put me in the danger zone?

• @666threesixes666 Only if you're Harvey Danger, just watch out for flag poles. l

• Avoid: Ask her out ASAP. You might be too late.
    Exit: Stronger men than you have tried and failed.

• Trust me this works. Find her friend that you havnt met or is an outsider, fuck her and let your other friend know about it. Then start flirting with your friend while seeing her friend and "confess your feelings to her" one night.

• The best way to get out of the friendzone is to ask your 'friend' to hook you up with any of her hot single friends. After that just see her backpedal... The friendzone is all about power. Make no mistake.

• you dont. you are behind enemy lines now. the longer you wait the less your campaign can be successful. you are now one of them. make sure you are introduced to her friends. then you find a nice girl of her friends and see if you are compatible. if you are then good for you, if you are not keep looking.

• The only way that works is if she finds you physically attractive, and likes you as a person, and you don't do any red-flag things with your general behavior. In which case, you ask her out.

• https://whetyourwoman.com/pickup-women/kino/

If she still declines after that, then move on.

• Well, by making a move and hope that she is attracted to you as well

• Being clear in your intent. Be sexual and flirty. Risk being rejected. Make plans for dating.

• just slowly ignore and taper off

• I just stay there. It's easy-mode.

• Just say "Baby, you and me makes some sexy time".

• The best way to avoid the friend zone is thinking about it too much.

• *Not thinking about it too much

• lies, i've thought about it too much and now im needing to think how to place myself back into it from their own prospective. feast or famine

• @666threesixes666 For me, when I've overanalyzed my interactions with a girl, and constantly fret about whether or not my actions will put me in the friend-zone, always put me in the friend zone. Yet when I don't fret about it much I have more success.

• Avoid the bitch putting you in the friend zone... if she asks about it tell her nothing personal... but you don't do that shit...

• Just go for it. Be brave.

• ask her out on on one in a hang out sort of and see if she likes it or not, touch her here and there if she likes it and doesn't complain its good to go if not then dont try, also usually she will let you know and will flirt with you, at least in my case.

• I don't waste my time being friends I go and find someone who wants more than that

• Start acting unpredictable and unavailable to create attraction on her end. If she just ignores you back and dosent start wondering why you are acting weird, then I'm sorry your firmly cemented into the friendzone. If that's the case, write her off and cease all contact, maybe she ll still come back, maybe she won't. If not, move on completely.

If you just ask her out, she will probably get weirded out and feel betrayed in whatever way girls do when a guy friend starts liking them and you ll get your number blocked and will be forever a creep in her mind. I understand why, I just know what happens.

Point is you have to get her to start seeing you in a different way before asking out. Probably only 30-40% of the time you can get out if you play your cards right.