What matters more to you intelligence or looks?

This got me thinking for a while because both are of importance in their own right. I am almost done with my masters and I sort of prefer my future partner to be as educated/intelligent as me but quite honestly, if she wasent but looked extremely good, I would consider her.
Whereas if a girl was extremely intelligent/highly educated but she wasent my type look wise I wouldn't consider her at all.
So in that regard, I think I must admit that looks are more important to me than intelligence.
And I think that goes for most other people.
I have a feeling people only say they look for intelligence in a partner to come across as more classy and sophisticated. Intelligence or lack there of can easily overshadowed by a person's physical appearance.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends. If he is attractive, but he is really stupid then I won't be interested. Also, if he is extremely intelligent to the point I don't understand him, I'd feel self-conscious. I'd like a happy medium. I am average in looks and intelligence, so I'd be happy to find someone similar. I get too intimidated when it comes to looks too. I always felt that I wasn't good enough for my ex-boyfriend because of how attractive he is. He ended up dumping me because of my insecurities. I kept telling him he could do better than me. I don't blame him for that either when I think about it.

It's actually why I am still single now. I need to work on my insecurities before I get in another relationship.

Most Helpful Guy

• i dont think i can really choose.
    In a friend, ofc intelligence, but in a partner I really need both, and dont prioritise one over the other.
    when i say i need looks, i mean i just need to be attracted to them; they dont need to be a supermodel or anything

What Girls Said 16

• Anyone can be good looking but it takes an open mind and perseverance to truly be intelligent. Intelligence is a lot sexier than a chiseled jaw bone or a curvy body.

• intelligence. for example, sheldon cooper is hot as f*ck.

cdn.quotesgram.com/.../...-by-sheldon-cooper_p.jpg

• Looks. I don't need to date a genius. As long as he isn't an idiot and can take care of himself it's all good. but physical attraction must be there.

• Both are super important but intelligence > Looks.

• Both. But I'm no prize pig and would settle for below average on either.

• give me both or I ain t interested.
    Although I might take somewhat slightly above average with great personality, mind, morals and work ethics

• I think we all want both. My ideal girl would have a masters in engineering like me and at the same time be super hot. But if I had to choose from a unattractive academic or a gorgeous supermarket employee, I think I would lean towards the gorgeous one.

• I think women are afraid to get into engineering because it is known to be male dominated. More women should get into though. Would be nice to be able look at pretty girls in lecture hall and not smelling this guy couch up cheeto dust behind your neck
      vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

• @Fearless_banana hahahha
      move to lebanon :P
      most of us are oriented to go into hard fields
      oriental mindset :P

• Well...
    Looks without intelligence means nothing for me.
    Intelligence without looks... hmm
    I still prefer looks+intelligence.

• Good looks but stupid? No thanks, i will chose intelligence :)

• New flash! For me I rather choose intelligence than looks. 100% positive.

I get bored easily and I want to have mentally stimulating conversations with my partner. And with intelligence, you can do just that ;)

• Intelligence is a must for me

• intelligence all the way. looks fade with time. I need someone that can make me laugh.

• Intelligence really doesn't do much for me, I need to be physically attracted to my partner.

• You like dumb guys, high school drop out?
      How does intelligence not matter at all?

• I know complete idiots with A's and I know intelligent people who don't do well it school. What matters more in the real world is effort, not intelligence. I have no problem dating a guy who isn't that intelligent if he looks good and has a good personality.

• I'd obviously like both but I want to talk to someone on the same level. I'd prefer that to someone who looks gorgeous but drools a lot.

• Intelligence matters to me a lot. I used to be interested in this guy who had really good looks but he was dumb as hell.

• Honestly, I'd just like a balance between the two. I don't expect a model (because I'm not one), nor am I a rocket scientist. I just expect someone that I'm attracted to who is motivated in his career and also considerate of my feelings.

What Guys Said 17

• This is a hard question, both is the simplest answer I could give you. I wouldn't date a girl who isn't pretty, but I also wouldn't date a girl that is dumb. But the thing is, I might already be dating the girl before I realize that she's, um, a little dim. I can see if a girl's pretty or not right a way. And that, um, dim witted girl, I might already have feelings for by the time I find out she's dim witted.

• Intelligence of course

• Being really hot is the reason for life duh everyone knows that

• Beauty is supposedly correlated with tntelligence.

• I care more about personality than intelligence, I've met a lot of smart people with terrible personalities. And similarly I've met "dumb" people who were great people.

• Looks. I know better than to look for anything 'long term' or whatever, so looks and libido are basically all that matters.

• an intelligent person with a douchebag personality is worthless so I'd have to go with looks over intelligence because just intelligence doesn't mean your funny interesting or a good person.

• They both matter.

• If you're smart, you can make yourself look better.

• definitely looks from my experiences.

• Looks, if someone is more intelligent than you then they can easily make you feel uncomfortable.

• Damnit, based on these results, I'm screwed. I'm ugly and stupid, lololol

• It depends what you look like and what you have available.

• Looks of course

• honestly i could nt care whether a girl is beautiful or intelligent. If i can form a "connection" with her i'd date her.

• I'd say looks and character trump intelligence for me.

• Yeah I think I would just go for looks