Guys, if you're in a relationship, do you care if she texts you everyday?

I don't text my boyfriend excessively. I tend to just send him a text at some point everyday with a funny meme or something in hopes it'll put a smile on his face. He usually ends up texting me back once he gets off work and we chat for a bit before we both go to bed, and we go on dates maybe once or twice a week.

Sometimes though, I can't help but wonder if maybe my sending that initial text earlier in the day might be considered too much and he's just too nice to say anything about it? Should I start putting more of a gap (like a couple days or something) and give him a chance to be the first one to reach out? Or am I just overthinking this whole thing?

Thanks in advance for your advice! You guys have always provided pretty accurate insight so I always come here when I've got a question like this, lol.

Thank you to all for your opinions! They were all helpful. Sorry the site won't let me choose multiple ones as MHO.

Most Helpful Guy

• There's an easy way to tell if you're texting too much -- if you're doing it many times before he replies. It's not how often so much as how much you do it before getting a reply. If the replies slow down but you don't slow down with the texting, it can be a bit tiring. If it's then followed by like, "Where are you? Why haven't you texted me?" then it starts to feel a bit clingy.

I'm personally not into texting. My texts were always solely for the purpose of setting up to meet in person and maybe an "I miss you" or something like that here and there.

• Thanks for your insight. My boyfriend is a big texter and meeting in person kind of guy. He's on the shy side, so he doesn't like phone calls as much because he's not sure how to fill the silence as well. We only really do that if we don't plan to see each other for a while.

What Guys Said 3

• That's fine lol. If I'm in a relationship that means I really like the girl and would want to hear from her.

• So you're saying you don't put as much weight on who texts what first and all that, right? In that kind of situation?

• Yeah that shit is irrelevant dude.

• LOL!! Okay. Good to know.

• the more the better and ether way id rather her be with me more than text

• We'd like to see each other more too but it can be tough sometimes with mismatched work schedules and a bit of distance.

• i see, and understand but still keep in contact, cause otherwise if you dont questions start, and thats bad

• Okay. I will keep that in mind. Thanks!

• I mean if I had a girlfriend I would want her to say hi in the morning if not going to see him that day same a night, don't spam him, men would rather have a clingy girl then a one that never spoke to him

• Yeah that's exactly when I text. If we're meeting then the text is more about trying to work out logistics, but on the days where I don't see him I just send him a morning text and then don't really send anything else after that since I know he's working. He always gets back to me after he gets off work and we converse for a bit before we both go to bed. I was mostly just asking because I couldn't help but wonder if maybe it's possible he could feel too much subtle pressure to respond after work because I send him that morning text, and maybe he just wants a quiet day or something.

TLDR; just want to make sure he feels like I'm being considerate of his time and space.