I am still a virign?

I am 23 and still a virgin. Is that weird. I am waiting till marriage. Should I rethink this choice? I grew up around a strict family and culture so this waiting till marriage was kinda ingrained in my head. I don't even know if it is my choice or because I don't want to disappoint my family. All my friends aren't virgins. It was also the reason my ex and I broke up.

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you like a super virgin who avoids anything venturing close to sex, or like a virgin who only defines sex as vaginal penetration?

I'm surprised to see a lot of people these days consider themselves as virgins even though they've done oral sex, fingering, handjobs, maybe even anal sex. Some guys might not even be that interested in vaginal sex after that point when their virgin girlfriend is doing such wild stuff.

To me the super virgin route (no sexual contact whatsoever) seems very admirable, provided the guy is also a virgin and you both remain virgins until marriage. That means you never had and never will have any sexual experience besides your partner. That's not a bad thing. It's like eating only one type of food all your life. You can't really miss other types of food if you only know that one type of food.

The virgins who do everything but vaginal sex seem really strange to me, since there are a lot of guys who might prefer blowjobs and anal to vaginal sex. Saving the hymen as being sacred might just end up creating a husband who just wants to do it in the bum or mouth all the time.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's all up to you.

What Guys Said 4

• It's uncommon but its up to you to decide if it's worth it.

Personally I like the idea of having a girlfriend where we are both eachothers first and only but I don't really want to wait until marriage.

• it's a little bit weird, I would say, but not unheard of. You shouldn't have sex until you are ready, and if for some reason it takes a marriage ceremony to get you ready, then that's that.

• It's not weird at all. I'm a virgin too, and am also waiting till marriage. As long as it's your choice, then you shan't have any issues, no matter what others say.

• Save it for the right guy

What Girls Said 0