Need your honest opinion about old virgins?

I have been dating this guy and i knew everythings going so well

On Friday, we had dinner together and we cuddled and watched tv together
i could feel that something hard close to my body so I knew he was turned on... He started kissing me and caressing my body.. I was very nervous but turned on And i wanted to try and spend a night with him

So i told him im still a virgin and when i did... He looked really shocked and stopped everything that we were doing...

He sat up on the couch and he drank the whole glass of wine that we had and then he left.. I haven't heard from him..

Maybe it was a wrong idea.. Maybe i should not have told him.. It was second time that guy left me in the room alone after i told them im a virgin...

now im very insecure about being one
what should I do :(

Most Helpful Guy

• well if he knows your a virgin then i don't really understand what his issue is and if he doesn't want to be with a virgin then he should stop seeing you

you shouldn't be insecure though. if this guy has some issue with your virginity simply find a guy who doesn't have an issue with it

• Thank you... I guess i started feelig insecure because this was the second time guy left me there at night :/ im not holding onto my virginity or anything :(

What Guys Said 7

• Your 27, right?

That's not old. It just means you have been very picky and that is ok.

I would tell them sooner. Not just before you get going. It can shock a gut as it's not so common.

Just bring it up sooner. All cards on the table from day one, explain why and it will not be an issue me thinks.

For what is worth, I wouldn't act this way.

• They don't think they are worth taking your virginity despite you being willing to give it to the right person. Good riddance to them.

• I find it attractive but I probably wouldn't believe them.

• What a tool. There's nothing to be insecure about. The right guy won't care.

• Yeah should mention that before he was making a move

• they're leaving because they feel guilty about being with hundreds of girls.

• A women in her late 20's who claims to be a virgin is one of two things... (generally)
    - A religious nut who has kept her virginity to appease some fictional deity.
    * Therefore a massive red flag to bail because she is a head case.

- A obvious lair who wants guys to think they are more innocent than they really are.
    img.ifcdn.com/.../...277a04ddd89fca71c88c50a_1.jpg
    * Therefore a red flag to bail to avoid the petri dish of viral things she's cooking in the oven.

What Girls Said 6

• It's not necessarily because you being a virgin is unappealing, it's because taking somebody's virginity is typically a big deal for a lot of people. They either don't feel worthy of taking it (because they may have no intention of staying around) or they're worried that if they do, things will be expected to get really serious.

• You should have told him, it's better that you did. Clearly he was in shock. Maybe he'll come back and explain why he left.
    If a guy isn't OK with you being a virgin, then they're not guys you should wanna give your virginity to in the first place.

• Wait for a man who doesn't run away scared.

• I've had the same thing happen to me. I'm not holding on to it. I've just never had a relationship and I want to have sex in a relationship. The moment a guy finds out I am still one, they flee. I'm going to be 30 soon and this has been happening since shortly after my 25th birthday. In my late teens and early 20s I was overweight so I was insecure. I didn't think a guy would like me so I didn't bother dating. I've lost all the weight since then. Now guys seem to be turned off by virginity. It sucks because I want sex but I don't want it to be a one nighter. I just want a boyfriend to have sex with and I don't plan to make him wait forever. I feel like I'm just going to have to have a one night stand or just never mention it.

• Imagine if he took your virginity then left. That would have been worse in my opinion. Good thing he left so you could meet the right guy.

• Wait so he just drank wine and left without an explanations and no reaching out since then? What the fuck? What a dick