Did I miss my chance to find a guy? Or do I have lots of time?

I'm a single, 26 year old woman who will be turning 27 very soon. I've been told I'm a really nice person, easy going and great to be around. A lot of guys tell me that I am a great catch. But so far no one seems to be casting their net on me though :P

I love animals, cooking, spending time at home, as well as going on walks, enjoying the beach, and spending time with friends and family. I am not someone who requires a guy to have expensive stuff to hang around me. I work hard and have a career of my own. I'm just looking for companionship. Someone who wants to make a life together with me. That seems to be the hard part.

I have a lot of pressure from friends and family to settle down (as if It's super easy!). I honestly don't know how all of these women around me have done it. I have a hard time getting a guy to commit to a date let alone commit to me.

But any guy I seem to be able to get doesn't treat me right. The guys who do treat women right aren't interested in me. I guess I'm not good enough :( I'm starting to feel as though it's never going to happen for me. I just don't get it. I'm a great person, I would make any guys life easier, and have a lot to offer a guy. Why can't I seem to find a guy?

If a guy is interested, it seems like I have to push for anything to happen. I have to ask for dates, I have to plan them and pay for them too. Sometimes the guy pays. But most of the time I pay and drive to see them and drive us around. I don't get it. What is so horrible about me that men don't feel motivated to go after me?

Most Helpful Guy

• "If a guy is interested, it seems like I have to push for anything to happen. I have to ask for dates, I have to plan them and pay for them too" You are trying too hard.. You should learn some seduction techniques

• Where's a good place to start? I seriously need help in this department! Things go over my head!

• Okay, so when I am talking to a guy, what kinds of things can I do to keep him interested? What types of flirting techniques should I use to show I am interested in him if we are on a date?

• Play with your hair or caress other objects.
      Pick some fluff of his jacket, (even if there is none!)
      When you’re walking away after a conversation with him, turn around and look at him, smile flirtily and walk away
      Lean on him with an excuse while talking to him by adjusting your heel, or losing your balance, or while walking through a crowd.

Most Helpful Girl

• You are attracting the wrong guys, sometimes we don't know we do it. But your self confidence must not be that high because that's why you get the shifty guys. Your so young too why are you trying to settle down so quickly. I don't know why women think they need to settle before 30. Half of the time you end up with the wrong person and get divorced. You need to take your time and start looking for men that are completely different from what you've had before. You need to tell your friends and family to back off. You are a strong, respectful woman and won't settle for someone that doesn't deserve you. Some that treats you just as great as you treat them. Focus on yourself and your happiness, that doesn't involve a man and he'll show up one day. But you need to be open to other possibilities.

• It's crazy. I'm 26 and my mom is pushing me to have a baby with random guys because she wants grand kids :S THAT is the level of pressure I am dealing with. My other friend who has 2 kids and fiancee puts pressure on me to see guys. Like she keeps asking me if I am seeing a guy or not on the weekend. It makes me feel stressed out!

• You seriously gotta tell them to back up and say I am happy being single and when I find the right person I'll let you know but until then butt out of my life.

What Guys Said 7

• You'll be alright still plenty of guys in the dating pool at your age

• You basically lost your chance, yeah. While you were busy riding the Cock Carousel, the vast majority of men were experiencing nothing but frustration and rejection. Some reach a point where they simply don't care anymore, and don't bother to try. Others use their experience, status, and wealth, and go for women younger than you.

If you wanted to find companionship, you should have done it when you had your youth and beauty. No man with self respect is going to pay full price for what you gave to all the various scumbags in your past for free.

• Haha, see the thing is. I didn't ride the cock carousel! In college I was in a serious relationship THE WHOLE TIME! With one guy. All of my relationships last 1-2 years. I've NEVER had casual sex. Ever.

• And yet, here you are, quickly approaching The Wall, single, and, by your own words you "have a hard time getting a guy to commit to a date let alone commit" to you, and you can only get the scumbags.
      ==
      The guys who do treat women right aren't interested in me. I guess I'm not good enough. I'm starting to feel as though it's never going to happen for me. I just don't get it. I'm a great person, I would make any guys life easier, and have a lot to offer a guy. Why can't I seem to find a guy?
      ==

I think you hit the nail on the head. You're NOT good enough. Something about you is making men think you're only good for a pump & dump, and when they don't get the pump, well, there's only one thing to do.

What's so great about you? No woman makes any man's life easier, so just forget that right now. What do you have to offer, besides holes? Don't say companionship, women are horrible companions. A dog is a superior companion in every way except sex.

*

• *
      Let's figure this out. Answer my questions, and maybe we can see what the problem is, other than your age.

• 26, is today's dating world, is nothing.

• stop doing the work for them - a reationship should involve work from both partners.

• Must be your looks. In theory you have plenty of time. In practice though? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Did you miss? No.

Will it get more difficult with every year passing by? Yes.

• Have you ever visited a party where you were told beforehand, how damn many people were there, and you imagined it like you could hardly move in there and such? Instead of only being told about a party going on and you'd get an impression yourself?

• I don't follow :S

• If you'd live near my place, reading the first part would've made me give you a chance. But reading the second part, I got to know your flaws. Wouldn't you want the guy to find these out by himself?

What Girls Said 2

• The single troll is back but with different wordings

• plenty of time.