Texting 'rules'?

Currently talking to a guy and he's starting to reply later and later and he's online and still not replying! I normally reply every 20 mins but he leaves it 40-60 minutes now do I leave it longer?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't reply , like ever.
    The whole point of text messages was to get reply within seconds,
    If he takes an hour to reply better send letter via post.

Most Helpful Girl

• There's no rules to texting, you can text back immediately which is usually preferred. This isn't a game.

What Guys Said 1

• My rule of thumb when you start doubting and thinking about this type of stuff is this: every girl i've ever been with has been effortless in terms of conversation, texting or dating.

Honestly just text when you want to, say what you want to and if he's your guy... he will like you.

What Girls Said 2

• Ignore the rules. He might just be busy or he hasn't come up with something witty and funny to say. He might be returning to studies he was putting off while he was texting you more quickly earlier...

Don't send him more than 2 or 3 messages without a reply, but also don't mirror his reply time when he does reply. Dating is not a game with rules to go by... it should just happen.

• Guh...

There's not written texting rules. You should ideally respond as you would if you were having a real conversation. If he's waiting an hour to reply, I wouldn't even bother talking to him.