How can I get over this guy?

I'm a 17 year old girl. I have never had a serious relationship and I tend to get crushes really easily. A few months ago I hooked up with a friend of mine and after that I started crushing on him. He got a girlfriend shortly afterward, but they also broke up since then, and in time we started to hang out less and less. He even said some things that are not so nice about me to his friends. However, I can't help myself not to crush on him. In the last few weeks he started hanging out again with my group of friends and I sew that I didn't get over him at all, it's even worse actually. I know this might not sound like a big deal, but whenever I see his snapchat story and there's a girl in it or I hear that he hung out with different girls, I just feel really bad, even if they may be just friends. In addition, the situation is pretty tense between us, and none of us says anything. The worst of all is that I don't know how he feels about me, if he likes me, if he doesn't care about me or if he doesn't like me at all, because he is the kind of person that rarely shares his feelings. I've tried thinking that he is not worth it, that he hurt me and that I should find someone else, but I can't stop thinking about him and wishing that he would make a move. I tend to overthink everything and I let this thing consume me. Whenever I go out I am not fully happy if he's not there, but if he is I feel even worse that our relationship has turned into this.
What could I do in this situation? How can I get over him? thanks for helping

What Guys Said 2

• You need to tell him how you feel and get an answer from him Whatever his answer is should set your emotions free. He will either not be interested in anything with you at all which for your mind will help you move on. Or you will try to work on getting back the friendship you have and growing it to something more.

• you have way too much energy. Just start getting used to the idea in your head he will not be around forever and there are plenty of guys out there. You are only 17 and we guys don't want to be tied then then. Some my friends have been together since high school and had ups and downs. Just focus on yourself and realize he would be a compliment to your life not the reason for.

What Girls Said 1

• You can either pull to the side and be direct and tell him how you feel. Or move on and be a confident, strong woman that doesn't need some crappy guy ruin her life and self worth