I get really depressed because I am 21 and have never been asked out?

I get really depressed because I am 21 and have never been asked out despite putting myself out there-I volunteer, I also work in retail. No guys like me and I see other girls who are always asked out and hit on but I am always left out. I am 5'6 and weigh 125 pounds, so its not like I am overweight or anything. I take care of myself-I put on makeup and wear nice clothing. I cry everyday because I am living my life without love. I feel like I will never find love and I am afraid of getting old and ugly and still never finding anyone.

Most Helpful Guy

• As others have mentioned, are you sociable and flirty? Guys may do the asking out, but women still neef to grab a guys attention.

I used to be fat and anti-social and women never approached me. But all that changed when I leaned out and got buff at the gym. Women approach me all the time. Of course they're subtle about it, they don't directly ask me out, but they come up with any excuse to start a conversation.

Oh hey, can you reach that for me?
    Oh sorry I bumped you, didn't see you there.
    Do you know what time it is I don't have my phone.

Or sometimes they just come up next to me in the aisle at a store and starts playing with her hair.

That's what women do. They see a cute guy, they go and try to hint that he should start a conversation, and if things go well they say yes to a date if he asks.

Man or woman, if you want a date you need to be social and start conversations. If you keep to yourself you will be extremely unlikely to ever get a date.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ask guys you're interested out. I've been asked out a few times but I've never gone on a date cause I just wasn't interested in the guys who asked me out. I only ask guys I'm interested in out but I say "hang out" so it's never a date lmao. Thinking about actually asking a guy out on a date officially rn actually

What Guys Said 15

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIikqPmbgvI

So you'd rather cry than stand up and ask out a guy you like. You know you can't win the lottery if you never buy a ticket?
    You're not entitled to male attention. So if you want "love" do something about it.

• So maybe it's time to start asking out. I mean it. I won't say that you're doing something wrong because apparently you are not. So, let's assume that you're having bad luck. If this is the case you're the only one who can do something to change your own luck. Therefore you should start asking guys out.

• Hey stop feeling sorry for yourself cuz its only gonna hurt more. Get out there and flirt. Go to clubs. Your 21!! Show off thay bod you got. Your young I'm sure plenty of guys would love to get with you. Try and be open its all about body language. Please stop feeling sorry for yourself cuz you'll just end up at the same spot you are now.

• I am depressed cuz I asked someone out so that I could apologize to her. She bailed on me hours before our planned me, that too over text. I rang her and she was least sorry about it, she was infact pleasured at the fact that I was frustrated. Think about that for a sec and feel chilled. And yeah, maybe its time you started hitting on guys if you wish for love so bad, eventually someone will like you back. I can gurantee... just go about it being bold though.

• Society has changed, just asking someone out is much much rarer than it used to be. More and more people meet each other online through tinder or dating sites or whatever.

• you need to approach a guy you want, its not only the guy who approaches ya know

• A lot of guys feel scared or hesitant to ask girls out just like girls usually feel. I bet there's been guys interested.

• Hey i honestly don't know why no one has asked you out
    But I know this
    There has to be someone for you
    Maybe try asking someone out for you
    I hope you'll feel better and good luck

• Ya but do you flirt? Are you sociable?

• Would you like to go out?
    Hope that gives you confidence. I too have never been on a date or had a girlfriend, and there are plenty others around our age that follow suit.

• I'm 25 and I never had anyone like me. It's what it is, but I'd be open to dating you if you were Caucasian.

• You would feel worse if your heart broken and pregnant

• For some reason when I look for love I never find it. Then when I accept the fact I find love. Weird right?

• Aww I sympathatic story hopefully you find him one day

• Awww honey :( there's someone out there for you. Have you ever asked anyone?

What Girls Said 4

• Would you like to go out?

:] Yeah, that just happened.

• try asking some guys rather than waiting. local clubs and activities are always a good way to meet people and get to know them :)

• Wait, good things take time.

• Also flirt, be social, go on a dating app, go to bars!! You can't just sit there and expect some guy, an attractive guy to approach you and randomly ask you out, flirting and being social is key.

• well start asking people out and be more social