How to ask a guy out on a first date?

He already knows I like him but we were set up by a mutual friend cause I was interested in getting to know him. He agreed to get to know me too but now I have no idea what I do lmao. Didn't think I would make it this far.
And what's a good first date idea for people wanting to get to know each other? At first I thought about movies but someone said that would be awkward since we won't be talking.

Most Helpful Guy

• No movies unless your planning a few hour date bwca use you can't tall.. Walk, picnic easy something you both can do and enjoy each others company. Coffee even resturant.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly the movies would be perfect because dates aren't all about talking sometimes just hanging out and having fun like friends is the best way to get to know someone then after the movie right their you will have something in common to talk about that can start a conversation. But if anything why don't you just ask to meet up & walk around abit you can both decide together what activity to do. I do recommend Dave & busters tho guys love video games & even better you can show off your fun half & really make an impression. Hope this helped & good luck 🙂

What Guys Said 2

• If he knows you like him, you can ask him directly, or indicate your interest by saying "So why haven't you asked me out?"

Yeah, a movie can be awkward. Go for coffee or lunch or dinner or a drink or a walk.

• LOL the reason he hasn't asked me out is cause I was the one who told our mutual friend to set me up with him so I think I'm supposed to ask him out XD

• Shit, how do I ask a girl out on a first date? You tell me.

What Girls Said 5

• Go to a nearby coffee shop (I'd look on Yelp and find the best one) maybe bring a laptop and headphones and watch a movie together later if the conversation is settling down. It's a great way to talk in a calm and somewhat romantic setting (depending on the coffee shop).

I wouldn't go to Starbucks though just cause it's always busy and less personal, ya know? For example if you guys end up getting into a serious relationship wouldn't you prefer seeing that cute coffee shop as your first date rather than a Starbucks? Lol I don't know just my opinion.

Another option is after getting some food and drinks at the coffee shop get up and walk around the area/street together and talk. Maybe have a storytelling competition? The coffee shop should be around a park or somewhere nice to walk since the date would mostly be just the walk. If you did like a brunch thing you could go bowling afterwards or try an activity.

• Oh thanks for that! I actually love coffee shops so hopefully he does too haha
      And we're both in NYC so it shouldn't be too hard find a coffee shop near a park

• Just ask him "Hey wanna go out and get milkshakes and go to the park?"
    I don't know I just think that'd be a cool inexpensive date idea

• I agree LOL I think I will ask him to go for a walk with me after grabbing something to drink

• You can go to Walmart or the mall and play hide and seek. Go get fro yo, mini golf. Go on a group date with your friends and his so you both will be comfortable! as for asking him... Just say "hey a couple of my friends and I are planning a fun group date are you down to go?" And if he says no then he just isn't worth your time. But I'm pretty sure he would say yes. My guy did and we had a blast!

• Also by the second date you want to just do that one on one and you can go on a hike or something fun and cheep!

• haha trust me girl! I've had friends like that, I know she's your friend but id keep her away from him.😂

• @uhhihello OHHHH okies! we hiked about sharing him lol and she seems more excited about me getting to know him than I am myself XD

• girls don't ask guys do. but if you really want just said "doo you want to go on a date with me?" Isn't it easy?

• Lmao you're the first person whose said that girls don't ask guys on dates. I personally think that's girls asking guys out is fine though. They get is it as nervous as we do and I'd honestly rather not be waiting for a guy to hit me up when I can just hit him up.
      Anyway I already know he'll go on a date with me LOL and he already knows I like him cause my friend set us up after I told her I was into him. I guess I'll just skip the "do you wanna go on a date?" and ask him to go with me LMOA

• cultural difference then

• Yeah prolly

• go to the mall and mess with people (it's actually super fun haha) or maybe a Cheesecake Factory, a nice restaurant?

• Lmao how do you mess with people at the mall?
      There's actually supposed to be a Cheesecake factory opening at my local mall soon but not soon enough lmao
      And we can't afford nice restaurants... So were broke collage students LMAO

• that's always fun.

• Thanks for all the suggestions though! I might use some of them if it goes well