Guys, if a girl you liked opened up to you about her absent father, would you become uninterested or closer?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends. If it's a girl I've been dating and have already gotten to know pretty well, then it would probably make me closer to her.
    If some girl I've got a crush on were to just open up and tell me all about her "daddy issues", I'd probably hesitate and be a little cautious. Possibly lose interest all together.
    There's a time and a place for everything. I don't think that getting in to those sorts of things right off the bat is the best way to approach it, though it probably isn't a big deal for some guys (but will send others running).
    Wait until he sees that you're not a nut, that there's more to you than whatever issues you have because your dad skipped town when you were 3. That's something you can bring in later on...

What Guys Said 6

• If she told me before we started dating, I'd probably be a little hesitant, because I'd be afraid it caused her a lot of emotional baggage. However, If I already liked her and she seemed normal to me before I knew about it, nothing would change after she told me.

• Closer. I would never lose interest on a girl I like if she opens up to me. When I like a girl I always want for her to open up to me, that means she is comfortable and more likely to like me.

• Closer, I know what it's like not to have one of your parents around.

• Neither its just a fact to me. I'll feel bad but then I'd get over it

• naturally be closer
    but i would be cautious that she may be emotionally manipulate me

• Very close because she's trusting me with this personal side of her

What Girls Said 2

• i dont think it would be a good idea to tell them something so personal... regardless of how hed take it

• It depends on the guy. If he was not interested in being emotionally invested with her in the first place, he will run for the hills. But if he was, it's a positive thing because her confession will make him feel closer to her.