Would you date someone if they didn't like your pet?

Would you date someone if they didn't like your pet?

• No I wouldn't
    58% (31)55% (21)57% (52)Vote
  • Yes I would
    32% (17)24% (9)29% (26)Vote
  • I don't have any pets
    6% (3)18% (7)11% (10)Vote
  • I don't like pets
    2% (1)3% (1)2% (2)Vote
  • I'm allergic
    2% (1)0% (0)1% (1)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0
23|12

Most Helpful Guy

• I love my dog and she's basically my best friend so I wouldn't date anyone who doesn't like her

0|0
    0|0
    • Also, my dog is adorable, and she's nice to basically everyone, and she always listens to me so I feel like you'd have to have some issues to not like her

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 11

• Thankfully I don't have a pet.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don't like sissy women that dont like Dogs because of fear

0|0
    0|0
    • There is nothing wrong about disliking dogs.

• Show All
    • They are very protective of there owners and property. I promise you owning your own Dog is a wonderful pleasant experience that you will call your very own dog family

• Perhaps but that does not change the fact that I don't trust other dog owners or their dogs.

• depends on the pet. I've had a few pet mantises. it's understandable that not all ladies wanna handle that little guy.

if they didn't like peanut (my dog), we'd have a problem

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope its a huge deal breaker if she doesn't like dogs. Go ahead and call me shallow. Idfwu!

0|0
    0|0
  • But he's so sweet though :(

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not. If my pet didn't like them, definitely not.

0|0
    0|0
  • She can hate my cat elsewhere. I'm keeping kitty.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends if it was a dog then yeah I would cut that relationship short with her for liking my dog

0|0
    0|0
  • this would be like family on the one side and girlfriend on the other

0|0
    0|0
  • Chicken is best pet ever

0|0
    1|0
  • No I would dislike her if she hates my pet😠

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 22

• There's a difference between not liking my pets and being a prissy beyotch.

I don't like when guys need to wash their hands after touching an animal or refuse to touch a sweet stray. I really desire compatibility and spontaneity.

I personally have pet rats in my room, if my boyfriend didn't want to touch them-cool. If he made a big deal every time he came into my room and said they were disgusting-yea, I don't think I could be with such a prissy baby.

0|1
    0|0
    • I can understand it being stupid to wash hands after every animal with an owner but there's nothing wrong with not wanting to touch a stray. You have no idea where that thing has been.

• Show All
    • @ThisDudeHere Most dogs haven't had baths in weeks. At least a stray is probably getting rained on and dried in the sun, haha. You can continue sneering at strays, and I'll continue making their day a little better or adopting them.

• Good for you then.

• If a family has any pet - it is member of the family. In most cases, all the members look after the pet, and pet also behave as a Honorable member of the family. In India and Asian countries, Bullock, Buffalo, Cow and dogs are are considered as a family members in farming community and families associated with animal husbandry. No Guy or girl ever object for having such pets or animals in home.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol no. If they don't like my pet, they can go fuck themselves. It's an immediate deal-breaker.

My sister's boyfriend doesn't really like our cats and they don't like him either, I don't know how the hell she can date him.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. If someone is scared of my small dog or if they avoid him, then that's an instant turn off. I don't understand people's fear for big dogs either. If the owner is a nice person, the dog will be nice too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah sure... Nothing serious. If it's long term or serious then no.

A hell of a lot of guys won't like my dog he hates males.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would find it hard if he weren't an animal lover 😐 Not liking my dog or rabbit would feel like a let down. I'd like to be able to have pets with him if I were ever to live with him

0|0
    0|0
  • I would still date someone who didn't like my pet, as long as they could coexist and be respectful.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pet? Pet? We're family ! :D

And NO ! He doesn't like my other fluffy half there's no half You get the whole package!

EFFY I LOVE YOUUU !!!

66.media.tumblr.com/.../...ye3bYrCB1slkj0e_500.gif

0|0
    0|0
  • nope i wouldn't >:(
    #petsfirst

0|0
    0|0
  • Uh no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would, and then I'd persuade him heheh

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah op. Tiger comes first. The man can show himself the door. Ain't nobody got time for him.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would make them my pet as if to say, "rollover boyfriend rollover, bark like a boyfriend

0|0
    0|0
  • It's more important that my pet likes them. If the dog doesn't like the boy, bye bye boyfriend.

0|0
    0|0
  • You pet owners really are Psycho! you treat freaken pets like children! I hate dogs and cats! I know many people who will die of a reaction if they went near a cat!

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not. Definitely gonna be short term if I did.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh hell no. My cat is my everything.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Love me, love my cat :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no! :)

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't mind if he doesn't like dogs or is scared of dogs, i won't ever force someone to like something BUT i do expect him to be civil with my dog because she is part of my family and i couldn't see myself being with someone who didn't at least try to be ok around her especially since she means so much to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, you either like my cute little bunny or you gtfo!!

0|0
    0|0