Dating sites are sexist towards men and biased towards women?

I made a fake female account to see how easy it was for women. I got 62(!!) likes in a matter of minutes.

My account was obviously fake because I got several "catfish" messages from people - mostly women.

Dating sites are made for women.

It's a joke, they should be banned.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was curious and made a fake male account. I had no picture up, just had my likes and such on there. I got so many messages and likes.

It could be how you are presenting yourself. Try writing different things, or take a better picture if you use one.

On the flip side, being a woman is not as easy on these sites. You get bombarded with messages, and they are usually very unsavory. The let's sex, send nudes, or they just send dick pics type of ones. Then when you get rejected, the guys become very hostile and act like immature children who don't get their way.

• "I was curious and made a fake male account. I had no picture up, just had my likes and such on there. I got so many messages and likes. " BS. Prove it.

If not having a picture gets me likes, why should I bother getting a "better picture" LOL

Funnily enough, when I had the fake female profile up, I got NO nudes or sexually explict messages AT ALL. That was 63 likes, 35 messages in around 30 minutes using an average woman's face.

• How long were you on there? a few hours? Try being on it for a month.

https://www.instagram.com/byefelipe/?hl=en

• It's been up several hours now. I've just checked.

200 likes, 89 messages.

Going to look through them and see.

Most Helpful Guy

• Dating sites are just another social media engine for women. Social media - Twitter/Instagram/Facebook... they are all made for women. It is just another realm for them to gain fast attention from males and females a like.

Women love it when a man or men cater to them and instantly write comments on their images.

It's the same thing on dating sites. Have you ever been on a dating site, leave a dating site after a couple of week and then return to the dating site a year later? You will see mostly the same women that were there last time, but they changed up their images. You would think that women who are that pretty would have already found a man.

Women just use those engines to get more attention and nothing more.

• This is the funniest shit ever. I been on meetme since it was my yearbook. (Since 2010 ) and I see the same profiles sometimes since 2012 or 13 posting "looking for a good guy"

I asked one, how haven't you found a guy here in the 2 years I seen you on here for actively searching for a guy, and I got blocked lmfao.

• @Ssimon91 Exactly, man. I tried OkCupid a few years back... and I got on it again a month again. Same profiles/same women... just different pictures and a few different descriptions. These women are beautiful, too... and you know they probably don't have a hard time finding a guy.

On these dating sites, women get 100s of emails within a day, and they love it. Why? It makes them feel like a celebrity, and it raises their value.

That is why you see so many women today who think they are better than men... men who work hard, got their shit together, have a job, a house, and resources. Women think that their beauty and their "fans"... men who just want to fuck them... put them at a much higher value than hardworking men.

Once their beauty fades and reality hits... YIKES!

What Girls Said 9

• That might be true but you have to realize that you aren't guaranteed of finding actual love even if you have that many matches. I've been on dating sites and have gotten MANY messages however a lot of them were from guys I weren't compatible with or didn't feel interested in. It's only much much later after many tries and dates that I ended up finding my boyfriend.

• Funny because I made a fake male profile before and got just as many messages and likes with that one.
    You're probably just ugly or not presenting your own profile well enough, obviously a male model type of guy gets get more likes and messages than your average Joe. Use your brain..

• Bullshit.

"Funny because I made a fake male profile before and got just as many messages and likes with that one.". Prove it.

I'm not a chisled-jawed hunk, but I'm certainly above average.

• @MrAtticusLebowski and if you go in a bar or night club the girls get hit on by the guys way more than the other way round, just like dating sites. It's normal human behaviour.

• @soulmanUK *attractive girls*
      If you're an attractive guy you'll be hit on to infinity. Talk to my cousin about this..

• Are you sure it's biased maybe guys are just desperate or it's more single guys than girls.

Then there's the option of guys not finding you attractive. Post a fake pic of some super hot guy and see how many replies you get.

• Lmao not true at all. You probably just don't get as many matches as you'd like.
    You got catfish messages from women? If you were pretending to be a woman you would have gotten messages from men?

• Did you stick around with the account long enough to realize all the awful shit that men say to women on dating websites?

• send nudes bby

• How does that change anything.

30 minutes into it I got over 60 likes and over 30 messages. NONE OF THEM WERE WRONG.

• Trust me. The longer you're on dating websites, the more dregs of society make themselves known. Had you been on a full day, guaranteed that you would have gotten either angry or unsolicited sexual messages.

• Were you a lesbian

• How about the woman's profile looked more interesting? You used a decent picture on that one? This isn't a thiught through test.

• If you don't like them then don't use them. Seems a simple enough answer.

• You can only "blame" the guys for that. They were the ones hitting you up, no one made them.
    All that fake woman you invented did was be there. How is guys making a choice to view your profile "sexist" ?

Dude, You REALLY have too much time on your hands.

What Guys Said 16

• If you're a woman on a dating site you get quantity, but quality is rare, and I believe thats what most people are looking for. Thats why online dating is equally hard for men and women.

• lol.

If women get more messages from men, then it's easier for them pick to go out with a man.

It's logic.

• Not really, QA. You have to wade through the piles of bullshit to find someone worthwhile. And let me tell you how much bullshit there is on dating websites, even with the filters on.

• @LaVilaine It STILL means you have more choice than men.

As a woman on a dating site, you're literally guaranteed to find someone you like who likes you back.

How about you make a fake male profile and see the difference.

• Yes, from what I understand they are. Some sites you have to pay for only men have to pay and women don't. It is like ladies nights at bars is also sexist.

• Dating sites are strongly stacked towards men, because of the internet anonymity and not direct responsibility - aka not saying things into someones face - more guys dare to approach girls. This causes an imbalance where the demand is higher than the supply and this generates a higher position of power for women on those sites. Sexual economics it is called.

Naturally when there are more suitors than usually, those women will also be more picky due to it. Thus as a guy its best to stay away from online dating sites, grow a pair and approach girls in the real world.

• If you feel they are biased towards women then don't use them, you always the option of going and meeting women face-to-face. If you don't use them, why would you want them banned?

• i think that they will always set you up with a person slightly off, so it takes longer to find a loved one. if they would put you up with the right person every time they would go bankrupt. if they set you up with people you dont really match with then more people will be using their site and on a longer more consistent basis.

• Don't worry bruh... Women choose scumsuckers for partners... This is true regardless of how much of a choice they have. And even on dating sites, the most attention that women get are from assholes... Smart successful guys stay the hell away from dating sites

• I've sent this exact message to every single woman I've matched with on POF "Hey, you looked like a really interesting person to talk to, so i thought i would see if you wanted to chat." not a single damn reply...

• Cut that nice guy bs.

Send some original shit that catches their attention. Mine is something like, we are going to name our kid "insert stupid name ", and it works like gold.

Looks definitely play a role but most guys from what I seen send boring ass shit

• @Ssimon91 nice guy bs? I'm not going to do something so ignorant as what you're implying. Plus I hate children and I've had a vasectomy

• It catches their attention. And most take it as a joke anyway

• Can you get a good date outsid of the Internet?
    If your using Pamela Anderson as a profile pic and applying the phrase
    "looking for FWB" then yes you will get more likes.
    Girls are different. You have to say more on your profile to attract them. If you have the right profile you don't need a picture

• Banned? Let's think this through for a second. Do you know what happens when a woman who is used to having her ass kissed suddenly stops receiving that attention? They go the fuck off like you just smacked the crack pipe out of a fiend's mouth.

• Just like society as a whole.

• sexist is the wrong word. But yes, dating sites typically work more in women's favour

• Nah i just think men use them more. Also, most of the women on some dating sites are all fake.

• Don't blame the dating site, blame guys.

• Women use social media and dating sites to attention whore. Unless your model looking with money you won't exist.

• Dating sites is bullshit for men. Unless your really good looking with a bunch of money don't expect much.

• The whole world is biased to wards women. When have you ever seen a women fight for our rights, never. Women are naturally put on selves. Its just the way things are man.

• If it makes you feel better, really society is biased towards -kids-.

In order to support kids, we bias towards their potential mothers.

Society is made to use men as disposable while having them breed with women, sucking the resources from the men, through the women, to the kids. Repeat.

That's what got us here rather than extinct. Women aren't designed to be the real beneficiaries - the next generation is.

• #0112358 Yup, i could agree. Anyway, i'm kinda over women. I have a great career and i get to do all the things in my life. Women just complicate your life and mess things up.