Guys, Boyfriend called me a "goof"?

The other day my boyfriend called me a "goof" and I really don't know what to make of it lol. At first I took it as a compliment because I'm a bit of a class clown/prankster and love making people laugh! I just like doing crazy/outrageous things and people always tell me that I brighten their day and bring the humour to any situation. Sometimes I'll prank my boyfriend and sometimes he likes pranking me back and is always amused by my weird shenanigans ahaha :P But now I'm starting to wonder if he just sees me as a "goof" and nothing else. I like keeping our relationship exciting and sometimes when I try to be sexy he thinks I'm just playing a role (which I'm not). I want him to see that I'm more than just a class clown and that I can be serious from time to time. We do have deep conversations but I've had a lot of negative things happen in my life and my coping mechanism has always been to make jokes and not fully confront the issue at hand. If I truly took everything to heart I wouldn't ever be able to enjoy life but most of the time people mistake that for being a spaz. I have a very sensitive inner nature that not many people get to see but my boyfriend sees my vulnerability when I'm dealing with family issues. A few years ago I lost one of my best friends in a car accident and my boyfriend was incredibly supportive the entire time I was grieving. How do I make him realize that I'm not just a total joke? Am I reading too much into his comment? Did he mean it as a bad thing? Guys, would you mind if your girlfriend could always make you laugh? Would that make you stop seeing her as sexy or girlfriend material? Thanks in advance! :)

What Guys Said 3

• Being a goof is very positive, at least to me. Goofy girls are the best, cause they always manage to make you laugh and smile.
    Obviously she has to know when to be goofy and when to be serious, but it seems like you don't have a problem with that, and I'm pretty sure he sees that.

I think you're reading too much into it, as I'm pretty sure he meant it as a compliment.

• Awww, thank you so much! :) We were friends for three years before getting together so I sometimes worry that I might still be a "buddy" more than a "girlfriend" ahaha :) I appreciate your input!

• Haha! You and I would get along great! :)

• Don't tell me you're a prankster too LOL :)

• Yes, but some more than others. My goofy personality and sense of humor was what attracted them in the first place. Some of them were annoyed with my antics though. Lol.

• I get you lol ;) Keep having fun & don't forget that sometimes people are really down and we unintentionally cheer them up! :) I'm sort of known for getting myself in embarrassing situations so my boyfriend always gets a laugh out of it lol :D Thanks for answering my question :)

• Goof is good. A goofy girlfriend can be a awesome as long as she doesn't look like Goofy.

• Ahaha I don't look anything like goofy LOL :)

• Then he's one lucky bastard :)

• Awww, thank you! :) I'm a blondie not a goofy lol :P