Am I doing something wrong in my relationships?

My boyfriend broke up with me about 4 months ago and I'm still trying to get over it and move on. I sometimes think back to the relationship and how I did everything right. Like do the things he always wanted to do, cook for him, be there for him when things got rough and somehow I ended up on the short end of the stick. He never wanted to go to the places I wanted to go or watch shows that I liked or even really cared about any of my interests because they didn't have "substance", but I always did what made him happy. I feel like I always give my all in relationships, but somehow it's never enough and makes me feel like I'll never be a good enough girlffiend.

Most Helpful Guy

• well i think a problem i see is all give and no take. so essentially you sound like you are with guys who are rather selfish. so that seems like an issue.

but regardless being with a guy who doesn't want to do or even care to try to do things you like to do should be a guy you get rid of.

find more selfless people to date

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry but you need to stop the self pitying.
    There's two sides to every story and he must of broke up with you for a reason. And til you accept that reason and work on it it's probably going to keep happening.

What Guys Said 2

• It doesn't sound like it. Sometimes we can do everything for other people and its still not enough because they're unappreciative, unrealistic, and just dicks in general. Its never our fault when we come across these people. I think you just had a shitty, unappreciative boyfriend.

• No your only mistake is that u invest too much and don't do what u like

What Girls Said 1

• He sounds like he is not the right guy for you bc you are doing everything a girlfriend should do. Dont stop bc of him. He didn't appreciate you is what that is.