Why are adult men so immature?

I thought males actually matured after high school, but I guess that's not true. I know many men in their 20's who act just as childish as high school guys. I even know men in their 30's who act like this. Do men ever mature?

Most Helpful Guy

• This does seem to be true for most adult men.

Unfortunately, age doesn't seem to matter much anymore. I can find an 18 year old guy who just graduated from high school, and there isn't much of a maturity difference than a man in his 60's. Most men just act like lifelong children.

I think it's because we're put on lower standards than women.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I've noticed that no matter how old a man is, he's still secretly a big baby down inside. Some just let it show more than others.

What Guys Said 43

• They say we mature slower than women, but I definitely disagree.

Mostly what I see is people who have matured in ways they think they should have matured, and then seeing everyone else as immature for not maturing in the same ways as them.

For instance, for every adult man who plays pokemon, there is an adult woman who wants a "bad boy" like a teenage romantic book. Or for every "immature" guy who spends big money and time on his car, a woman spends big money on the perfect tan, eyelashes, and every other product out there.

I do feel like people as a whole are maturing much slower than they used to. But then again, maybe I'm just growing up and realizing they were never mature in the first place.

• yes, but it takes time and something to stimulate them to mature. it can take a while. a lot of guys don't have good father role models so where do they learn to mature? girls... suffering... failure... if girls reward them for being boys, then why would they mature? it is counter productive.

we still always like to play though... we like to do things that are fun.

• Most men wants fun, which is seen as childish most of the time.

www.gags.lk/.../1_pic_2.jpg?itok=Aw_EELf8

• There will be mature and immature people of every age.
    Maybe you should be asking why you keep picking the immature ones.

• I just so want to say something immature 😜

You sound like an older guy had annoyed you recently?
    Can you define what you mean as an example?

• This question shows a lack of maturity from the Asker.

• the real answer is because women are sluts and decent jobs are hard to come by. that means there is no reason to grow up.

• I think part of being mature is not giving a fuck about being immature sometimes. The people who try hard to be mature all the time are the actual immature ones.

• every man has an inner boy in them. its not about maturity or immaturity. men can still be responsible human beings and understand the consequences of their actions. there are also many women who act mature but when you give them the slightest bit of responsibility they fuck up. some women are never going to be able to measure the consequences of their actions, and you know what guys then think about these women? is she ever gonna mature? why are adult women so immature?

• I just finished high school and I'm only a little bit immature. I'm more mature than most guys my age.

• Because being "mature" all the time is boring. Life isn't meant to be taken so seriously.

• No we just get old and gray and die.
    Smh
    You will see mature men in any age group. You will have to look for it though

• Define mature? I love having fun and playing with women, not a fan of settling or monogamy. But I am independent, self sufficient, a business manager and am studying tax law (just for myself) so I can take more control of my finances.

• good observation from a 40 year old perspective it does take longer for us guys to settle into being grown up etc more than ladies! why? not sure and only my individual take on it of course

• I sure hope not. The goal is to have a good time and enjoy life while you're alive, not to be a stiff... There will be plenty of time for that when you're dead.

• Define immature.

• Sorry, in my opinion we never mature, we may become more responsible, and take our responsibilities seriously, but we never grow up, certainly I never did and I am at the grand young age of 69 and a great grandfather.

• Yeah we are mature but sometimes I am still a child at heart 😛

• How bout you learn how to have fun😂😂really tho sometimes I act like I'm still in high school, I'm still young at heart I wouldn't change it for anything

• Because we never want to grow up !

• Behavior and age are not correlated.
    You need to look for people with experience.

• It all depends. I'm mature when the situation calls. for my maturity. But I'm also kind of a goofball. But I can be serious at times once again.

• It's a different world. And we can get away with it so there's that.

• What's immature to u

• Just as immature as adult women.

• Yes, when we have children (not always).

• Guys tend to ask the same question about women.

• lol stfu

• Nope men dont mature and when dont stop acting crazy
    Thats the way of the world

• More from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 6

• No, not really. Most don't start until they're old and the 20-something girls start looking at them like the creepy old men they are.

• Nope men's are just men's what you ganna do about it their always ganna be immature -.- pain in the ass lol

• They prolly have trauma that stops them from maturing forward.

• Some are and some are not. It totally depends on the person, how soon he realise his inner drive in life.

• Most men are immature. We just gotta find the good, rare, quality ones aka my boyfriend! He is mature and amazing and different he's not like the other guys. Keep searching! You'll find a great guy

• Some do and some don't!!!