Why would you wanna break up with your boyfriend or girlfriend? Is it true that people don't wanna compromise with anything?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've noticed it in a lot of the questions and comments here that people's reactions to even small issues are absolutely absurd.

Something like "My boyfriend just said that he is too busy to talk to me right now, what should I do"

Then a bunch of the comments will be like "Wow what a fucking pig, you should break up immediately!" It's hilarious.

I think people make terrible judgements when they look at other peoples relationships cause often they only see the bad sides and have no idea about the good sides. And they usually treat those people like they don't actually care for each other even tho they obviously do since they are in a relationship.

That might have been unrelated to the question but anyway. The reason I see for breaking up is when your relationship is just simply beyond the point of fixing, if you simply can't make each other happy or if fixing the relationship just wouldn't be worth what you'd have to go through or if the other person is treating you like shit.

I'm a firm believer that you should always give fixing the relationship a chance even if it is hard. But many people give up without trying to fix their relationship, but I think everyone wins in the end cause at least you're not gonna use more time on a person who could end it just like that.

• I posted on another relationship forum for a while, and 'dump them' being the immediate response for almost all problems was a notorious thing there too.

What Guys Said 9

• Meh, things like that happen all the time. No relationship in the world is guaranteed to last forever anyway. Sometimes people break up, get back together, although that is much rare. Things happen in their individual lives and it's not just simply their unwillingness to compromise. People change their minds, they might have found someone else they would rather date or may be more interested in or that they find to be more compatible with and then they might try and see if they can form a relationship with someone new and leave their current BF/GF behind because they had changed how they feel and or think about them.

• Compromise is a possibility if what you're forcing a compromise about is worth compromising for, and also the terms aren't excessively against one's own favor.

For example, if you force a guy to delay sexual intimacy because you want to sign papers first sometime in the future, it makes sense that this is not a compromise but a rule you force on the other person, and they are the ones compromising.

• i think the foundation of a relationship is trust, communication and compromise. if you do not compromise on anything you are either passive or aggressive, either your partner or you will not get what you want from the relationship, thus so you will carry the seed of the destruction of the relationship. by being assertive, you can achieve an equilibrium where both partners work together to look after each other and so both partners have what they want from the relationship, it is the only way a relationship can be sustained without taking breaks.

• There is no point in compromising.
    Either it works or it doesn't.

Relationships of compromises end up with two people of 50 years of age who mutually cheat and hate each other because they made a legally binding decision that defined their life before they even experienced any of it.

• People don't wanna compromise is the reason marriages are not working out.
    Relationships are built on compromises.

• Certain thing i would not compromise with, but most things i wouldn't mind meeting her half way, you can't complete a circle if there's only one half of it

• I'll compromise on almost anything. Hell, I'd even date an ultra liberal.

• Society has become very individualistic. Its all about me and not us. Oh wait, was it not you women that destroyed families and wanted to be independent? Why compromise on anything when you can get sex and move on to the next person right? Society today is a ticking time bomb, because we destroyed the core of society, the very essence of a family.

• Sexual incompatibility, conflicting personalities.

What Girls Said 11

• It's mainly peoples unhealthy attitudes towards relationships, especially if the person is less serious then the other. As long as you understand how relationships are supposed to work and not compromise it based on your own selfishness needs because that person may not agree with your belief's, it shouldn't lead to a break up in the first place. Stable people with a stable and healthy life will succeed more then those who rather take life for granted and love to compromise other people for their own selfish ambitions. If a person says no to things they don't want to do, why compromise by smooth talking them into doing it? Just end it. You need to be in a relationship that's compromising your belief's, and with a person that refuses to respect them. Therefore it is NOT a relationship, but an agreement for SHOW.

• Sorry. I meant to say you don't need to be in a relationship that's compromising your belief's...

• If I felt like I knew I didn't see a future with him. I'm in this for the long haul and not fucking around anymore, cause I'm not 18 and I am done with players and dipshit's who don't know what they want.

• its not that people don't wanna compromise but seriously... you'll accept to be with someone who cheated on you or hit you? i don't think so

• If he cheated on me with someone I know.
    If he lied about something major and unforgivable.
    If he did something that's going to ruin both our lives.
    If he committed a felony or did a really awful or stupid crime.
    If he stole from me.

• If he starts abusing drugs/alcohol, cheats or hits me I would leave.
    Anything else can be attempted to be resolved trough talking about it (in my opinion)

• I can't actually see myself breaking up with my current boyfriend, because I actually wanna marry him

if I were to break up it'd have to be something like cheating, lying etc.

• Sometimes I feel like I want to break up because I want space but then I think "man I'll regret it if I get the space I think I want when really I'm head over heels and would be a mess without him." Lol

• Many people settle into shitty relationships hoping for the best. Then they see you can't make gold from shit. So they decide to leave.

• I get annoyed at my boyfriend and whine at him and refuse to talk to him. But at this stage, I think it'd have to be major to warrant a dumping. Like, hitting, cheating and leaving the country etc

• I'd break up if I feel like I tried everything and nothing is working.

• There's no reason to compromise. If you need to compromise then he's not the right person