How disrespected would you feel if your girlfriend picked up a coffee with a guy in her one day course?

I had a one day first aid course with a bunch of people I don't know. In the morning we worked in groups so I spoke to a few in this setting. In a couple groups in worked with an older attractive man. On lunch I was running out to grab a coffee and ran into this man who said 'there you are' so potentially seeking me out and asked if he could join me for lunch. I said I was just grabbing a coffee. He asked if he could join and I said sure. We took a quick drive in my car to starbucks and bought our own coffees and drove back. During the drive we talked about work, what citys we lived in and the development in the area we were currently in. My boyfriend did not come up and I did not bring him up. I told my boyfriend that afternoon and didn't hide anything. My boyfriend feels extremely disrespected. He's not the jealous type as he actually enjoys watching me play with other guys. I'm happy with him and did not want to cause an issue but I certainly have. How do other guys feel?

Most Helpful Guy

• She's her own person , just because she's a relationship doesn't mean she can't have friends of the opposite sex lol
    That's about 3 steps away from draping her in a black cloth and not letting other men touch her.
    Sure , I get peanut butter jelly at times but sometimes my own personal "feelings" need to give way for what's the right thing to do. Do not intrude on her life's autonomy and respect her choices.
    That's all there is to it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think most people would feel uncomfortable with that. In general, I'm not a jealous person or insecure but I have boundaries in a relationship. If a guy I was in a relationship with went for coffee with another girl I'd view it as disrespectful and crossing a boundary

Relationships are about compromising and sacrifices so I do believe people should respect their SO's boundaries. If he feels uncomfortable with it and disrespected then I'd certainly put his feelings above my own. I'd never want to put my SO in an uncomfortable position.

What Guys Said 4

• Girl. You just fucked up so bad.
    Why the fuck would you allow some guy- you know what? Never mind that. You have a boyfriend and you totally just messed things up.
    In fact, to make it even, he should take a hot chick out for a movie instead of you. How would you feel? Exactly.

• No problem at all.

• why's him being attractive matter? or even worth mentioning?

that's like your boyfriend telling you he got ice cream w/ a hot chick. if he's attractive, then you should keep it to yourself... because it's irrelevant.

• it sounds like that guy was trying to get with you because he thought you were single. if you told your boyfriend before hand that you were just going out for a coffee with some guy you met at the course for lunch then it wouldn't of made him feel betrayed or whatever. just put yourself in his shoes, its not hard to understand what it looks like to him. he thinks you are looking for new guys when you do that without telling him first.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think you did anything wrong. You got coffee with a classmate. Your boyfriend is being a little bitch about it.