Will he wait for me?

We have been dating for about 2 months now we are not exclusive or anything we just hung out a lot and spent time with each other and now we are dating. He left 3 months ago because he had to go on deployment and asked me if I could handle him being gone for 5 months and I told him "Yes that is not a long time and anytime that I get to spend with you would makeup for it." We ended up getting into an argument the day right before he was supposed to leave because we were not able to hang out and I was not able to be there to see him sail off since I was not in the state at the time and he messages me "I don't know if this is going to work between us because if we are not able to see each other I do not just want to message you all my life and not be able to see you". I told him that I was going to make the effort when he came back and that I was not going to let anyone or anything get in the way of us being together and that was the last time I talked to him because his phone died. Since then he has not messaged me or called me or anything and I am worried about him. I understand that he is busy everyday and that he doesn't have time to talk but just a simple "I'm fine" text would be soothing. I mean I have no problem waiting until he comes back to talk to him I just want to know that when he does come back that we are still in a relationship because of our argument and I do not want to get my heart broken if he does not want me when he comes back. I think I am over reacting but I don't want to put myself in a situation where I get my feelings hurt. Will he wait for me?

What Guys Said 1

• I think he'll wait for you. The navy is a lot of work and you're not allowed to date anyone there so I doubt he'll meet another girl during his deployment

What Girls Said 1

• I am sorry, but I don't think he will. I've heard many stories. The odds are against you.