Messages on online dating (okcupid, etc.) - Guys do you prefer a girl respond or ignore your message if she isn't interested?

If she's not into your first message (or whenever she's not feeling it), would you prefer to be ignored, or for her to respond anyway? I'm new to this and curious. I don't want people to walk away feeling like no one cared to respond, but I dont like certain comments (first time messages focused on looks/sex appeal) and I'm not attracted to some guys.

Also, what if I wanted to know his height, and its not listed? Should I asked?

Most Helpful Guy

• i remember when i was doing online dating being annoyed by the lack of responses and feeling like it would be polite to respond... but my rational side realized that there would be too many responses to make and i'm sure some guys would get a response sort of turning him down and then respond with some impassioned plea for a re-evaluation or maybe even some rude tirade about the girl

i don't think it's necessary to respond when not interested unless you feel you really need to explain something

Most Helpful Girl

• I figure it's best to ignore them rather than just lead them on. I would write everyone in the beginning because I didn't want to be mean but I had no intention of meeting any of them so I wasn't really doing them any favors.

What Guys Said 3

• Well you can kill two birds with one stone...

Open with "Hi, how tall are you?"
    If he replies with anything beginning with 5 then you just ignore him and unmatch

• Most girls just ignore the message, so that's probably ideal if you don't want to cause a shitstorm raining down on you. Also, yeah, you should probably ask if you're concerned about height, but I'm guessing most of the guys that don't list their height aren't doing that for a reason, one you probably won't like.

• You can't respond to all messages, and no one should expect you to. It would be nice if girls put in more effort though. So if you're going to respond then try to carry on a conversation.

What Girls Said 0