I find it terrifying to text first?

This is a serious issue for me. I really don't dare to text first and be like hey let's do something.. When it comes to dating or seeing a guy. The only time I dare to is on late weekend evenings when I've gotten alcohol, that's why I tend to come off as not wanting something serious. I want something serious though. I don't know why this is such an issue? I know it's scary but to me it's absolutely terrifying! I told a guy and he didn't understand why I'd feel that way because I'm really beautiful and yada yada.. It's not that I'm insecure about my looks or something it's just that I'm scared to make myself vulnerable and get rejected. I'm over sensitive. What can I do? I'm in this situation right now were I have to intiate and text first, during the day.. Terrifying.

I've lost a guy before because he didn't think I was interested because I never reached out.

Most Helpful Guy

• We run into, and are able to catch, most of our best chances at joy when a little drunk.

It just shuts down the neurotransmitters responsible for self-repression, feelings of shame and shyness.

Being very shy is a sign of great sensitivity and a more thoughtful mind than the average, although it makes social interactions harder.

I used to lose girls too, in my youth, because of shyness. It's a mistake.
    Send your text, no matter what happens. Help yourself with a little alcoholics, when it's the case.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't worry so much about it! Even if you get rejected there's really nothing more past that. In the long run, maybe even in the next week you won't even be thinking about that guy anymore. You kinda just have to bite the bullet and do it. If you're not comfortable, then let a friend text for you as you watch. You'll soon get more comfortable with initiating conversation and things will flow smoothly from there.

What Guys Said 2

• Take a deep breath and just do it. Thats all there is to it. Trust your instincts.

• Learn you fricken lesson and text

What Girls Said 1

• You can tell yourself that you'll wonder "what if" if you don't.

That you reaching out SHOWS him you're interested.

If all else fails... You won't remember this in a year or two. Go for it. :]