What are your thoughts on online dating?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't do it if you're below 30 and not living in the middle of nowhere, especially if you're male. Typically a woman who you might have a shot with in real life wouldn't give you the light of day in online dating and then there are so many crazies online...

What Girls Said 13

• I'm quite positive about it and I have good experiences with about at least 3-4 guys I've met online. Some might argue that People tend to hide their real persona behind the Internet thus breed uncertainty. However I think otherwise. Many online dating sites allow the users to fill in their personal info, preferences and interests and etc. it helps you to filter out people that you can almost be sure that don't share a lot of things in common with you and target those that you are truly interested in, which in a sense that saves you lots of time and efforts. Some might say that this type of dating removes the spontaneous part of a romantic relationship, at least the encounter. But as someone that values communication, I think instead of meeting bunch of people that might give you initial sparks but might fail to match your expectation later on, picking some people from the dating pool that you are more or las certain that will connect with you and start building sth with them is a good start of relationship for me.

• It can work and be successful, you just have to be able to prepared to have your confidence shattered and ruined by people who can be cruel and douchebags. But once you accept some people are just dicks and that you aren't actually what they say, it's easier to maneuver.

• I've never tried it before. They might look attractive in there photo and then you meet them in real life and they aren't who they say they are when you meet them face to face. Some people have success stories with online dating. Plus there's pervs on there and some guys on there just want to hook up and never speak to you again. I'd much rather meet them in real life.

• I don't really care for it. But i work different hours so don't really meet people that often i still have one up but im not banking on anything from it. Even thought it would be nice.

• yuck.

• I find it lame

• Yeaaah... Not for me.

• I don't like it. No one can accurately describe themselves in their bio, everyone uses camera angles and crops pictures to look much better than they actually do. Messaging someone online is much different than actually talking to them. Way too have I met someone I liked texting with, and we had nothing to talk about in real life.

• catphishing is also an issue , I've been catphished no fun at all. thats why my profile all my info and photo thats all me.

• Good. I hope you don't get misled like that again.

• Never ever again. I became way more strict. It also helps that i closed my heart. until further notice.

• I think it can work for some people, but it isn't for everyone.

• good idea, but it fals in comparison when you meet someone in real life

• Totally for it. Met my boyfriend on an online forum.

• Hook a brother mind wouldn't mind finding a girl myself. Why's the forum?

• Everyone does it

• Tried it and it's not for me.

I have friends that have had success, and even married the guy they met on a dating site. I was hopeful, but after months of trying, it became more frustrating. I'd get too overwhelmed with messages (the just "hi" ones, who won't respond, the sex ones, the send nudes or they send me their nudes ones, and other undesirable ones).

There was one guy I dated, but he was a bit older and wanted children already. Since we were not on the same page, we went our separate ways. He was a good guy, though and we kind of remained friends until he got serious with another woman. They're married now and quite happy, and I am happy for him.

• the one that got away huh, i feel you. yeah avoid the pervs.

• Lol, sounds legit.

• Always is

What Guys Said 7

• Don't like it. I'm old school. If I want an atmosphere when men and women are obviously looking for prospects, I like the bar and night club, even though it sucks for when love is the goal. As weird of a people as you can meet there, I imagine it's at least a step up from online for the simple reason that you can at least see them face-to-face.

• no experience with it. but my buddy had an account 1 time, he showed me how it works. and its 75% fat chicks, and 25% fakes or cam girls tryin to get you to go to they're site.

• Pathetic

• I wouldn't do it. There are few things ever said on line that I would ever take serious

• I prefer meeting someone in person

• I met the perfect woman from MySpace

• It's a waste of time... fake profiles, too much shallowness, high ratio men/women, people with mental disorder, most women are unattractive, most men just want to hook up.