Why dont some caucasian guys date black girls?

I indentify as black even though I'm biracial (black and white) and I have mostly black girl friends, there is four of us and only two of us like white guys but none likes us, and me personally it saddens me because I like black guys too, but I have no idea why I like white dudes, a lot of the white guys say "black girls are so ghetto" "black girls are fat and disgusting" and other stuff that's not true about all of us, I'm just curious why. I don't find myself or my friend as desperate for white guys and we don't want to be white, we just like them a lot but we struggle to find any that will talk to us. If anyone is curious I'm 16 and I'm gonna be a junior this year. (Since im anonymous)

Most Helpful Guy

• Because millions of years of evolution through natural selection have created a strong own-group preference in all races.
    This means that people of one race are wired to find the physical characteristics of other races to be unattractive, even repulsive.
    Muhammed Ali dealt with the matter rather well. See:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTeudEWOL4w

• ali was such an awesome guy! i disagree with him on this, but he has good points.
      r. i. p

Most Helpful Girl

• Stereotypes and internalized racism are usually the most common reasons. Some probably don't think we'd be into them. I'm older than you and half black and I've never dated a black man. It's not because of preference or choice, it's just something that happened through the course of my life. I'm the type that gets along with everyone without giving a second thought to racial differences.

But growing up in a town with mostly blacks and Mexicans, I noticed throughout school that black boys and girls regarded me very cruelly. I was teased for liking anime and video games because that wasn't "black." I was teased for not speaking "black" enough. I was teased for not fully immersing myself into "black" music. The boys would rather insult me on sight than say "Good Morning." Despite all this I didn't have any negative feelings for them as a race because I identify as black and I was certainly treated as such by some non-blacks...

When it came to other races, I was treated rather well. Mexican, white, Asian, I made a lot of friends who didn't judge me for my interests. When it came to the opposite sex White/Hispanic and Mexican men were the kindest and most gentlemanly towards me. They were the ones who made their interest in me known and ask me out.

More than a decade after high school, things have not changed. Black guys make their little snide remarks they think I can't hear while everyone else treats me with respect. So as a result I've only ever been with white and Hispanic men. It could be just a local thing but that's just how everything panned out for me.

• That really sucks. Me and my friends get that a lot too because we're in honors classes and don't dress, talk, or act black, very annoying, but I don't hate my black side and I hope you don't because of some assholes you met.

• No I don't hate my black side. I don't hate anyone. Even the commenters whose views are skewed with bigotry in this thread, I don't hate them. As you can see from most male responses, no matter how well we carry ourselves, educate ourselves, no matter what we do to fit in, or how different we are, we are never judged as individual people. Our entire race is based on the actions of a few. Negative stereotypes about blacks are huge hurdle America will never climb over.

All I can tell you is to just let your interest in other races be known to non-blacks. My first boyfriend was a white boy with freckles and a mullet. I have dated white boys in my teens. My first kiss was a white boy. My first tongue kiss with a Mexican boy. I have been intimate with an Asian man. I have been called 'pretty' and 'beautiful' and 'cute' by white guys. So don't believe this hogwash about black girls not being attractive to other races. It's just mental abuse to designed to try and keep us in our 'place.'

What Guys Said 23

• First of all, let me state that there is a LOT of local variation in this - what's true in one region may not be true in another.

Second, those guys are judging you/black girls based on a stereotype - and the thing about stereotypes is that they are OFTEN true. I'm sure you could name a half-dozen stereotypes about white guys, and they'd also be often true.

So, how to you fight against that? Simple: by making it a point to hang around the guys you are interested in and showing them through your behavior and attitude that you don't fit those stereotypes. And believe me, if they spend some time around you, they'll notice sooner or later that you don't fit their pre-conceived notions.

That's how all stereotypes are broken - personal experience with people who individually defy those stereotypes.

Of course, if you actually do have those characteristics that they are objecting to (ghetto behavior, loud, obnoxious, etc.), then you probably won't get very far with guys who don't like that - so that's something you need to be honest with yourself about. I don't know you, obviously, so I have no idea how you present yourself, so no judgement here - I'm just pointing the potential issues.

• When you're a teenager life is about fitting in. In college- age it becomes about being different. That's why people get tattoos and piercings - an attempt to be different. No white boy can afford to show any interest in black girls at or around your age, unless it becomes "a thing."

Aa you get older all kinds of guys will be interested in you.
    Don't rush it.

• I'll tell you why I don't date black girls. (And I'm half black)

First of all, I don't know why but most black girls aren't very attractive to me. Don't get me wrong, There are some that are very attractive. In fact, my first time having sex was actually with a black girl.

The big reason is that black girls are really sassy. You ever see everybody hates chris? Perhaps the most accurate stereotype in that show is how black girls act and it can just be too much for me. I simply can't keep up.

Just be who you are, don't change too much. If you want to do better with white men, don't have a hairstyle the size of a beach ball, and dont wear more than 4 sprays of perfume. These are the two things I see black girls do that I like the least but again. Dont change more than that and if when you make these changes you feel like a different person or it doesn't feel right, change back. Pretending to be something your not will ruin your life.

• Black girls tend to have different features than white girls, which is what most white guys are used to. Therefore, their preference are features that are commonly associated to white girls.
    It's not the color, but the features.

• It's often a cultural thing: a preppy rich white boy just won't fall for a poor black girl, just like he wouldn't fall for a poor white girl. But it's also about appearance (like the shape of the face and such): as a white guy myself I notice I'm physically attracted to a smaller percentage of black girls than white girls.

• Because certain black communities didn't do your reputation a favour. What a loud group of a certain demographic does effects the entire demographic.

• Lots of reasons, lack of mutual interest, lack of commonality, lack of opportunity, etc. The better question would be, why *do* some Caucasian guys date black girls? There's just not much reason for these two groups to get together.

• I don't find them attractive for the most part. Especially not American-black. And then you add in their attitudes and it's time to nope the fuck on outta there, AWAY from that bitch.

• See that's what I mean, you think we're all just rude and sassy.

• Well no, your experiences aren't facts and we're not all "cunty" "obnoxious" and "confrontational" being mixed has nothing to do with it, that's the one thing me and my friend hate we don't were better than any other black female but all of my friends aren't into the weaves, flashy provocative clothes, excessive makeup, and we don't really have the "black girl body type" and we're surburban black girls so we wouldn't less a day in the 'hood' you just happen to be around trashy women

• What did I JUST say? Didn't I JUST say I can't speak for all of them? What I CAN speak for is the black women it has been my misfortune to encounter in numerous major US cities in different parts of the country, as well as in two branches of the US military.

• If I clicked with a girl like you I'd date her. Its not about race.

• You like who you like. I'd say the white guys you've met are immature
    and not worthy of you. Ignore them. They aren't worth the trouble.

• Maybe its the environment your in

• I'm into pale skin that is all

• Because they are dumb and racist. I don't get why some guys don't date girls because of the colour of their skin.

• Nah, stay with black guys.

• I would date one but there are literally none that are my age in my area.

• I date black women.

• Maybe because black girls are less feminine.

• I had a white friend who lobed black woman and hates white white woman.

• Why?

• He said he loves the skin tone and black woman are sexy and he likes there body.

And he described white girls body I forget what he say but something about boring and color Lol

• Do you wait for them to talk to you or do you actually try to initiate a conversation and they want nothing to do with it?
    Most black girls are not interested in white guys at all and most white guys are aware of this.

• Yeah I will admit that's actually pretty true A LOT at my school aren't attracted to them, but I'm pretty sure it's on the low. I do try sometimes I try to block all the "what if" thoughts and go for it, but a lot I think can't tell I'm interested.

• If you would check statistics about dating and breeding, you'd find the most intrabreeding (mating with people of the same ethnic group) of all people in the world are black women.

Try to date whomever you like, without picking a type in your mind.

• I would date a black girl! I don't know about guys who say you are fat and ugly, black girls are kinda a turn on for me. You will find the right guy eventually. id be happy to chat more here or on kik.

• Some do date black girls. I know two guys on my street that do. It's a matter of preference and everybody's got their own. Believe me if we all wanted the same things there would be a big fight.

• In my entire life, I have only seen one or two black women to whom I felt any attraction. Anyone who knows me would tell you that I am neither a racist nor a chauvinist, but I do tend to follow traditional social patterns and those don't include inter-racial dating.

What Girls Said 9

• Racism.

• Wanting to mate with your own kind is not racism.
      It is called not wanting to commit genetic suicide and wanting your children to look like you.

• @BigJake... Please tell me you're not serious. In the question, OP says 'a lot of the white guys say "black girls are so ghetto" "black girls are fat and disgusting" and other stuff that's not true about all of us'. My point is that someone who says things like that is racist. I do not see how 'black girls are fat and disgusting' cannot be seen as a racist statement. I am not putting words into your mouth, I am addressing part of the question that OP was asking.

Also, please don't be rude, there's no reason to swear at all here.

• You need to read what *I* wrote, and not try to attribute what anyone else wrote to me. That tends to make people angry.

The real issue I have with you is that you're claiming the only reason white guys don't want to date black girls is "racism." That's not even remotely true. What if I claimed that black girls don't want to date white guys because they're racist? Most (if not all) black girls would disagree with this statement. They'd argue that they just don't like white guys, don't get along with them, don't like their lack of 'swag,' or whatever. In short, they'd cite personal preference as their reason for not wanting to date white guys, not blind racism.

So you shouldn't go around pushing this notion that white guys must date black women or risk being labeled "racist." It's disingenuous and very unfair to all of us who get painted with a negative label we don't deserve.

• just b the best version of urself, let the shit talkers shit talk. gawd black people seem to have it tough over there, damn

• Well not everyone is going to be attracted to all races, that's just how it is. But you wouldn't want to date them if they say crap like that anyways ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ if you really want a white guy I'm sure there's plenty out there that are into black girls so don't lose hope :p plus, highschool boys suck. Once you're out of highschool there's so many better, less petty shallow guys out there.

• The reason most black girls aren't attractive to white guys is that they're fat, they have bad attitudes, and their features just aren't attractive to Westerners. And it works both ways. Black guys mock white girls for being too skinny, and white guys mock black girls for being too fat. Black girls mock white guys for having small dicks, and white girls mock black guys for being illiterate criminals.

• People have different preferences, some will date some won't. You can't expect everyone to like the same type. There is someone for everyone.

• Well that's a bit mean and stereotypical way to put it, so screw those guys.
    But some people just like who they like. My best friend with benefits only likes Indian girls, and he can't really explain it. It's just what he's attracted to.
    You'll find one interested in black girls eventually. Every guy is different.

• Because they're blind.

• Who cares what white guys think? It does not matter, just be yourself. I'm mixed with white myself even though some people think I'm Latina and I have dated white guys before and trust me you are not missing out on anything. White guys are not interesting at all, they are in fact boring and they have no respect for other cultures. They also smell weird

• Everyone has their own preferences.