Is a 14 year old age difference bad?

Im 24 he's 38 with a son thats 18. My mom said "Hell no" he's a nice guy but I dont want kids until 10 years from now. Were at different stages in life. I do like him but I dont think it will ever work.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're closer in age to his son, don't you think that's a little awkward?
    If you felt like you were both kind of at the same stage in life and were 100% ready for that kind of relationship, then fine, it's a rather large age gap but you're 24, IMHO that's old enough to decide to be with someone that much older if that's what you want... but it sounds like you're not ready for that kind of relationship yet, and you know it, but are having difficulty saying "no".

The age difference isn't "bad", it's this particular situation that is.
    Move on...

Most Helpful Girl

• It's up to you, really. If you don't think it will work out, there's a good chance that you're right. It depends on what you're comfortable with. Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable dating someone whose child was closer to my age than my partner was. You're old enough to make this decision for yourself, but I think if you have to ask, you already kind of know the answer.

What Guys Said 4

• In my opinion, it's bad, you should listen to your mom or dad, they are usually right lol. Anyway, it's your choice.

• Age differences are only bad if you let them be a problem.

• Smells like stepmother&son sex incoming 😆

• Are you kidding? That's ridiculous. No way will that work out.

What Girls Said 4

• My parents have that same age difference between them and my mom was your age when she met my dad. Today is their 26th anniversary.

• He already have a kid so he probably won't want another anyway. If he's not married, I'd say go for it.

• I think it's fine, as long as you guys really like eachother, feel a connection and you're attracted to eachother.

• Age has nothing to do with it, the heart wants what it wants, if your gut feeling is saying it won't work out then why waste anymore more time.