Do I need to worry about my bf's two best girl mates? He's quite close with them and they are both very pretty?

My boyfriend has two best friends that are girls and he is very close with them. He doesn't see them much due to work so we tend to only see them on nights out. On these nights out he does pay me attention but he gets very drunk and on some occasions has upset me. For example last time we went out with his girl mates I walked out of the loo's and he was dancing with one of them quite closely. I got upset and my friend noticed too and when they saw us he came over and told me to stop worrying. Another occasion his other girl mate and him were in the kitchen hugging for ages and I walked in while they were hugging and they both acted like I had walked in on the them. He assured me it was just hugging and that I shouldn't worry. After these nights out he will then message them and say if they looked nice and that he really missed them and wished he saw them more and loved seeing them etc he's been friends with these girls for about 10 years and says they are just friends and he's never done anything with them. He sometimes tells one of them if I've annoyed him and that has upset me too. Am I overreacting or is this normal for guys? Or is he too close with them?

What Guys Said 2

• That's weird. Sounds to me like you were just the first girl who said yes to dating him.

• Any ladies want to have sex

What Girls Said 1

• Hugging for ages and all that crap isn't normal. I've got guy friends I grew up with to, and none of that happens. I'm just one of the guys to them. And if he wouldn't be acting like that with his male friends, why does he with them? If they're just normal friends, he should treat them as he would his guy friends.

• So what do I do? I've told him that I don't like it and he tells me that he sees them as nothing more than mates and this hugging only happens when he's very drunk. He's touchy with everyone when he's drunk obviously he doesn't hug his male friends but he will jump on them etc :/