Why do women spend the first half of their life trying to fix broken men, and complaining that men are too needy?

I just feel like so many of my friends are caught in the same rut. They want a wolf they can tame, a player they can domesticate. A jerk that they can turn good.

And then once they realize that people often don't change, then they get mad and say all men are a waste of time.

Most Helpful Guy

• They want a guy who pulls away so that she's pulled towards him at her own pace. If a guy pulls towards a girl then she pulls away under pressure.

They want to feel needed and wanted on their own terms and at their own pace. Too much and it becomes overwhelming. Too little and they chase after it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know if these type of women have a time frame. Responding to men in that way can happen at any age tbh.

What Guys Said 4

• Because they, much like their male counterparts, think with what's between their legs. They want what they can't have. They go against their better judgement and beyond anything they would do for a normal person. Finally reality kicks them hard enough to wake up and suddenly all men are evil.

• Because they are socialized wrong and look for the wrong qualities in men, like "masculinity" for example

• I think they get trapped by that evolutional urge to treat them like their own kids until they get fed up with it.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• "Some" women don't judge us all by what you do.