Want to introduce new boyfriend to family.. but he has tattoos?

He is about to complete his degree in finance. He is very intelligent.. Mature.. he has a full sleeve of tattoos on his right arm right though. They aren't tacky looking by any means or offensive. It's more artsy than anything. They look great but I'm afraid my family will disapprove.

0|0
7|5

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell them ahead of time

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell your family in advance prior to introducing them so there is no awkwardness, but I don't see why there would be.

I'd hope your parents won't judge someone based on a minor thing like tattoos. Let his mature attitude and hopefully goodness win them over. Let's hope your family makes their judgement based on his personality.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Tell your folks ahead of time. Talk about his positive attributes and how good he is to you. That's all that matters.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, what kind of family do you have? Conservative? Liberal? Religious affiliation? Ethnicity? Nationality? Upper class? Middle class? Lower class? Those clue can help us. But over all it is his body he can do what he wants.

0|0
    0|0
    • We're upper class and the thing is he will be making a lot of money out of college too. I don't know I'm just scared.

• Well one tactic is this, hold off the introduction, mention him in passing then bring him into the picture a few months later by then it'll be too late for their opinion to matter, or judging from the family background this may not blow over too well, I hope i'm wrong though.

• its just ink he sounds like he has his stuff together so they shouldn't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • Long sleeves?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• So? If they dissaprove then they do.
    Tattoos aren't anything to be ashamed of, especially when artsy.

0|0
    0|0
  • They'll get over it.

My grandma gave up on giving me grief after my third tattoo, my parents gave up after my like, fifth.

Now they just ask how much they were and how long they took when I show up with a new one.

0|0
    0|0
  • tell him to wear a long sleeved shirt

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe just give your fam a heads up first

0|0
    0|0
  • "Mom, Dad, here's my grown boyfriend who decided to do something he wanted to his own body."

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol... so?

0|0
    0|0