Question for the older guys, 27+?

Okay so i'm literally not attracted to guys my age AT ALL, but it seems like all the older guys i encounter only look at younger girls as like someone to sleep with. Do you guys not take younger girls seriously as far as dating goes? Like are we just on two different pages in life or something? Because it never fails.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm, under 21 you're kinda right, at least for me. I mean you're still at university and we're hitting our prime in pretty much every area. We're getting decent money, have a stable career and probably our own place and bags of confidence. We're generally looking for someone to move in with us to see if she's wife material so we generally want her to at least be out of education and working.

Girls your age generally (not all of you) are still finding their feet in the world i think it's safe to assume most don't really know what they want. Is it kids? is it a career? Is it to enjoy the next 5 years of life freely? Is she ready for a long term relationship and isn't simply messing around with us and 6 other guys? If i commit to her will she reciprocate and change her mind 4 months later?

You're mostly attractive at this age so yeah we want to sleep with you, but long-term? We just have better options around the 25-30 year old mark.

• appreciate your honesty

• You're welcome :)

I mean i would make exceptions, but she would have to be an exceptional person, incredibly driven and knows where she's going in the future. That's not to say all guys are like me though - there will be guys out there around 30 who are more than happy to have a relationship with a young attractive woman. Just gotta keep looking until you find one.

What Guys Said 21

• I think many older men look at a younger woman and assume that she is looking for a daddy figure or a sugar daddy, that she is not looking for any long term relationship based on traditional relationship models, and therefore a guy should take advantage of the girl while she is still maintaining some interest in him.

I would date younger women (but probably not 20 years old :) ) if I thought they truly were interested in a relationship and I would not be looked at as a perv for maintaining such a relationship. I am not an age conscious person. When I was 23, I dated a woman who was 45 years old. When I was 25, I dated a woman who was 38. When I was 52, I dated a lady who was 35.

• Older and Wiser-Finally a like minded person close to my age. It's refreshing
      not to rebuff a hater. Which many on this board, especially women 40+ of age are.
      The heart wants what the heart wants.

• Guy tend (I think) to look at girls that way for two reasons.
    The first is that they assume the girls are just looking for fun, casual hookups, so he doesn't expect her to want anything more. And when you consider how many such girls some guys go through, it is not an unfair thing for them to assume. That does seem to be what many want.

The second thing is just about being different. Political views, hobbies, career interests, are all things that change with age, and older folk and younger people generally do not mix. They are very different people. In a lot of ways, you are, to be blunt, just on two different pages in life.

That does not mean this is always the case. There are guys out there who want serious relationships. There are guys who want that with younger people. There are younger people whose hobbies, and tastes, etc, line up with the older persons, and they find real chemistry between them.

• We do just see you as poontang good for a couple of roots.

Because you might not realize it yet but guys our age who have actual life experience know that you're just going through a kind of phase. Young women usually start out seeking security and seek an older partner but that partner will age rapidly compared to her and then when she is around 25 she breaks it off and makes up some bulljesus about him so she can keep her children and then she stays single for a while and has a few boyfriends who are not serious, usually still older guys but then when she gets about 30-35 she actually starts dating younger guys cause they match her sexual urges.

• I have dated seriously a much younger woman, I was 32 her 19. We lived together for a while and enjoyed each others company. We're still friends to this day. it's hard though, our main issue was children, I had a 13 year old daughter and wasn't interested in another. She wanted one. So she left me for another guy

• Age discrimination in the question I'm only 25 😢 maybe just try and go for a few years older. Like 23 or 24. Some guys want a real relationship at that age

• lol eh not really into guys 23 or 24.

• Yeah I think what you need to do is take age out of the question. Just meet guys and see if it goes anywhere. A guy at 27 may not wait for you to graduate college and may want t settle down but who knows.

• The way she 'acts' is a major factor in an older guy wanting to date you.
    Most guys my age want a 'serious relationship' and there's a stigma that women at your age may not be interested in that. (Yes I know, generalisations suck right?)

• Shit, did I just get called old? 😭

• Everyone is different.

It depends on the girl. And let's face it, most of them are just looking to have as much 'fun' as possible before they decide to 'settle' once they hit 28-30. Which is unfortunate. If I was looking for a serious relationship, I'd want a woman in the 16-22 age range (age of consent in my state is 16). I want to be the one making memories and sharing experiences with her, not getting her after she's already "Been there, done that, fucked there, sucked that". And younger women generally have more pleasant personalities. They haven't been pumped and dumped by a hundred thugs. Generally. Though there are always exceptions.

• Well I'm still a virgin and waiting till marriage so sex isn't the option for me yet. Until I marry her.. wait a sec I'm under 27. Ignore this idiots opinion

• like literally it all depends on who she is... Oh my god like for sure it's not as likely...

• What do you mean "seriously"? I date younger women to sleep with them. I am not going to marry them and they are not going to marry me (well, one 22 year old did fall in love with me, but I couldn't have that).

If you are looking for a guy to marry, you should wait until you are over 25 anyway. Women who marry at 21 and under have a very high divorce rate.

• I always have taken younger girls seriously. Still do,

• Absolutely, but what do I know? I'm only 26.

• Depends on the maturity of the guy. Besides attraction is not a choice.

• Would never look at a younger girl just as sex.

• I think if we met you'd fall in love with me. Oh well, it's better if we don't meet so that doesn't happen.

• How come your not attracted to guys your own age?

• immature, plus more attracted to manly feaures

• i think it's more so in comparison to older more established men who have wisdom, when they speak we wanna listen where as guys my age only care about call of duty and 2k lol

• Ok I'll admit, I love call of duty and 2k lmao, but it's not all I talk about, it's just easy to relate to. I got a passion for video games. When it comes to traveling the country or life experiences or whatever than yeah older guys have that department.

• That's not true at all.

Maybe we just find it hard to believe a younger girl would want anything serious with us because when we were in our teens most of us would sleep with a woman in her 30s but probably not take her home to meet the parents etc. I think it's a little less strange for the reverse given differences in emotional maturity and reproductive physiology. But lots of men would definitely be very happy in a serious relationship with a woman 10 years younger; if we had enough in common I would happily marry her and could comfortably commit without a second thought.

• maybe ;)

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• You're going to encounter this a lot. The older men just want to feel young by getting pretty young (and dumb) girls into their bed. They try to flaunt their money (since they're likely to have more of it than younger guys) to pull you in and stroke their egos. They want to feel like big man on top and convince themselves that they're not too old to have fun or relive the glory days of their youth and bed lots of chicks. I've seen some do this in their 30s, 40s and beyond. Many even after they get married.